Your winter so far

This is really my first year to fish all year. I know the bite slows in the winter. But how’s it for you this year slow, normal, or better then average the cold water bite. Thanks for the feed back.

Muskrat

Slow -- but I always get a kick-start around mid-January. A few nice crappie here and there but when I've thought I had a big bass...it's been a big drum.

porthos33

Slow, bc I've not been going much. But it's changing, I've been at parksville the last two days and caught 23 spots and LM. No big ones but they will come!

Lx545

Rain has kept me inside more than not. Usually do fairly well in the winter. Porthos your gonna have to take me on a guided trip to parksville. I went Saturday for the first time and only managed 3 spots. Beautiful fishery though.

porthos33

Lx545 - 1/2/2019 4:33 PM Rain has kept me inside more than not. Usually do fairly well in the winter. Porthos your gonna have to take me on a guided trip to parksville. I went Saturday for the first time and only managed 3 spots. Beautiful fishery though.
Haha, I'll give you some tips. Every fish I've caught except for 2 on a jig was cranking a chartreuse norman middle N. We have been covering as much water as possible and slow down a bit when we find one. Eventually you will run into a good one. There is a ton of dead water, so just keep going. I kept the trolling motor on high the first day and never let up. When the water starts to clear up and the rain goes away for a while, try float and fly for a big one.

jsb

WET and crappie. It's been really slow for me so far this winter. It's usually slow but not like this season plus all this rain and current has made it hard to get out there as much as normal.