South Holstein

catjuggin

Since there’s not any ducks anywhere, I took off last Wednesday to fish with my guide buddy Kyle and float the S. Holstein. It was a beautiful day but they were generating a lot of water which made for harsh fishing conditions.
We mainly fished with 8 weight sinking lines and huge, heavy articulated cone head streamers. We were targeting the big browns that live there.
Sadly we didn’t actually catch anything. The fishing was great, the catching was poor. It was still a great day on the water.
We fished the lower section, nearest Bluff City from the new ramp to the double bridge which is usually under 30’ of water( at take out). But no one in the Corps of Engineers can figure out how to fix Boone Lake to hold water..
We did go and fish a small DH stream in Greene Co the next day and managed a couple of large stoggers on wooly boogers.
Good to hit the water anyway. If y’all want contact info for Kyle as a guide, let me know, he’s real famous.

flycaster

Just read your post,. Feel the pain in the sorry duck season. I threatened to go up to the Soho as well, but did not. I think I know what dh stream you fished and heard good things about it. Friend of mine is supposed to take me there soon.