Electronics advice

Lx545

I'm at a crossroads with my electronics. I am looking for some opinions on what to do. I have a helix 10si gen 1 at the console. I really use chirp a lot and would like to have a unit at the console with chirp. I am looking at 2 options. Buy a helix 7 chirp with di and keep the 10. Or sell the 10 and buy the 7 chirp and the 7 mega si when it is released. I can't afford the 10 mega at this time currently. What would you guys suggest?

lafae7

I honestly don’t think the mega is really that great. I would wait a little longer for the mega imaging pricing to go down. Sounds like you have a decent setup already.

Lx545

I'm not entirely sold on the cost of mega. I have a helix 7 chirp di on the bow and the quality of sonar blows the 10 out of the water. I'm looking to duplicate that at the console.

Aries 181

I wouldn't get rid of my 10's (2) for any kind of 7 inch screen. Chirp is just a fancy 2D color sonar, something I never even use anyway.

Bill

FishingwithRusty

just add a 7 or 9 on the console

djsmarinelectronics

They also now make a Helix 8 which is a couple hundred less than the 9

djsmarinelectronics

Also the Helix 7 DI Chirp G2 units are now at closeout price of $400

djsmarinelectronics

Lx545 - 12/10/2018 7:51 PM

Is the 8 the same case as the 9/10?

I don't think so, haven't seen one yet but I believe it is between the 7 and 9 in size.