Disrespect!!!

Tight_Lines

I just got to my normal place I usually fish from on bank behind chatt state, go to make my first cast and this ; i apologize but I am gonna call him Jackwagon in his Nitro bass boat comes screaming across the river and makes a circle about 20 yards directly in front me , at full speed then heads back towards me, and proceeds further down river!! Thank you for scaring fish off for the next 30 min!! Completely RIDICULOUS!!! am I wrong??? I apologize in advance if I am!!
Good fishing to those that are getting out today!

Lx545

Can I play devil's advocate and say maybe he didn't see you? I have personally done the same thing in my boat. Sometimes it's hard for me to pick people out on the bank. If I come in and see you would you rather some one shut down and fish anyway or keep on going. Kind of a catch 22 either way.

jwkiker79

I don't think you are wrong at all! I fish behind Chattanooga State a lot and have had very similar things happen to me. I've also had them come up and fish right over top of where several of us were fishing and basically casting over our lines and it's hard to say they didn't see us when you make direct eye contact with someone as they approach. But for every jerk I have encountered I have had even more people in fishing boats be very respectful.

Tight_Lines

Jwkiker79, I have had several in boats that are very nice and even sometimes chatty and they will be under trolling motor and most of them will swing way wide to ensure that we dont cross lines. though this guy looked directly at place i was standing and had to of seen me made a HUGE circle back up towards the dam, sending noise and waves into the shore where i was, and and proceeded to come back to to where i was after the circle and then veered down river... really pissed me off... i mean i may have not caught anything anyway that day.. but he sure as hell did not make it any easier!!! who knows, maybe he is pissed at folks in general who are fishing from the bank and takes it out on every one he sees there i dunno.. still no reason to be a jerk like that tho when HE has the whole bank in boat to fish!!! oh well off my soapbox!
good fishing to all!

porthos33

A lot of times when you do circles in a boat it gets the fished fired up and eating! He may have just been trying to help when he realized you were there. haha

spnplgr

I personally do not believe a boat spooks fish, but poor manners cannot be excused. When I was a kid, behavior like this was not seen. How times have changed.