Fishing fronts

Thomn8r

I know the best time to go is every time you get a chance, but how do y’all fish weather fronts? Just before, during or after? Storm? Warm? Cold?

spnplgr

Before approaching cold fronts. Fish react badly to the pressure change and bright light after a cold front passes. They go deep to offset the pressure change and remain deep longer than usual to avoid the bright conditions of a post frontal condition.

I fish'em all. Just a matter of fact w/ a schedule that includes events in the early spring and fall. I also fish throughout the winter (scouting mostly). Fronts are a way of life. The conventional wisdom is the leading edge of a front is better than post. Everything I've read and experienced reinforces this. My personal observations are cold fronts in cold weather have more of a detrimental affect than cold fronts in warmer weather. If fish are locked onto beds or into the fall feeding frenzy there isn't much that'll shut that down. That said, some of my best days have come after hard cold fronts, where air and water temps changed dramatically. Can't explain these other than I did a better job of using my electronix to find fish and guessed right on lures, presentations.