New Boat

SHane

We finally bought a good boat and are ready to try some different places. Would not go anywhere but Nick in the old one, since it was close to home. Have fished it all my life but never anywhere else. Thought we might try the Chick this weekend, if Andrew gets over having wisdom teeth removed today. If you had never seen the Chick before and was driving from Whitwell, how and where would you start? Any pointers appreciated. Thanks guys.

Attachments

• DF46B06C-20A5-412E-80B4-2043A3A8B790.jpeg
    DF46B06C-20A5-412E-80B4-2043A3A8B790.jpeg
    65.5 KB · Views: 410

fischnrod

Chickamauga dam and start learning the lower end first . Map out a section and dissect it and when you through with that end move to the next section upriver, a good map and lots of study will help

Aries 181

SHane - 10/31/2018 2:10 PM

Is there a ramp at the dam? Is it on Amnicola side?
Yes, the north side of Amnicola, right past north 153. Turn left and go past the swimming area next to the marina.

Bill

SHane

Ok, know where to go. How about what baits to start with, because we have been lost for a couple of weeks on the Nick. They blew so much water thru that’s 80% of our grass is gone. Some guys down here are starting to throw the A-Rig.

FishingwithRusty

congrats on the new boat, if you have lakemaster mapping make sure you adjust for the lower water level before you start running around on new water. follow the seasonal patterns to the fish :)

great looking sled, dood. congrats. +1 on breaking the Chick (or any other new body of water) up, learning it one piece at a time. keep a journal. you'll quickly get to a point where you won't be able to remember everything you see/learn.

SHane

We do have lakemaster so we can do the adjustment. It has a Helix 9 and 10 on it. The ultrex and I Pilot link is crazy easy if you have never used one. I think that is what I am most happy about. Like a friend told me last year when he got an ultrex, you can take my boat but I will never be without an ultrex again. If you have thought about an ultrex, buy it. You won’t regret it. I thought the 80 lb might be small for a 19’ boat but it will pull it at 2.5 mph.

Gator

Great looking boat!!
You will enjoy the Helix units and Lakemaster. Good luck and I would watch for baitfish and the gulls feeding in them.