Long Time Lurker, First Time Poster

Jwilli

So I have have been a member for a while, but really didn't have much to contribute. I just bought my first new to me bass boat last week. It's a 89 Stratos 201 Pro with a 200 evinrude. She's got some age but still looks and runs good.

I plan on getting out on it as much as possible this fall. I need to learn as much as possible and practice my launches so I will be good and ready next spring. I will try and give my reports each time I go out, however useful they may be(or not).

I look forward to sharing my experiences and reports. I appreciate the information I have gained from this forum and hope I can contribute quality reports in the future. See yall out there.

Jwilli

Definitely. I've fished the Chick plenty in the summer with other boaters, but not this late in the year. I scored a helix 7 G2N with a smartstrike card cheap off ebay so I will definitely be paying close attention.

jman60

I would also ask what are the best ramps when the water is down. Interested in below the Chick Dam, Chick and Watts Bar.

Gator

Welcome. Like Richard said, just tell it like it is. Good or bad is helpful. I wish everyone would do that. You can use the water level offset on your Lakemaster Chip to help you navigate better in the winter.
Also, if you’re on Facebook there’s a Stratos Boat Owners group that is really nice.

Gator

Welcome. Like Richard said, just tell it like it is. Good or bad is helpful. I wish everyone would do that. You can use the water level offset on your Lakemaster Chip to help you navigate better in the winter.
Also, if you’re on Facebook there’s a Stratos Boat Owners group that is really nice.

pakjohn

Not sure where you fish below the dam but Riverpark is accessible year round if not closed for very high current. Wolftever and Harrison Bay State park is the only ramps I use in the winter, not sure of up river. I second the need for a lakemaster card for navigating in winter, saw a nice stratos at HBSP yesterday with a busted foot.