Blythe Ferry

Thomn8r

Coming from Knoxville is this the best launch for Hiwassee Island and reasonabley safe? Likely fish mid week times. Thanks for your help

newkids

Grasshopper creek. Nice ramp and very safe. Well worth the 5 bucks. 5 mins downstream from the island. Good luck

fischnrod

Thomn8r - 9/9/2018 10:37 PM

Coming from Knoxville is this the best launch for Hiwassee Island and reasonabley safe? Likely fish mid week times. Thanks for your help

NO!!!!!!!!!!!! Not secure

Smalliefan2

There is a launch on Hwy 58, next to the bridge on the south side. Little rough, but puts you close to the island.

Hooker

Grasshopper is a long way if there is fog and you are hunting the island,,,there is a ramp on the refuge

Hooker

Grasshopper is a long way if there is fog and you are hunting the island,,,there is a ramp on the refuge

Thomn8r

Thanks gents- probably try hwy 58 first. Canoed thru there several years back. Just forgot about it. Old fart note: still have the frog Jitterbug I bought after a trip to Agency Creek in ‘54????

camaro88z

When I want to fish there I just put in at Dayton boat ramp and run down.

Tenncrapie

Hiway 58 is a long way from Hiwassee Island and so is Grasshopper. If you take hiway 60 that crosses hiway 58 it will take you to the closest ramp. turn at the Cherokee removal area and go about 3 miles the road dead ends at the ramp. This is a summertime ramp so when winter pool comes you can't use this but you can cross the Hiway 60 bridge and go about 2 miles take a right till the road end and take another right. The road also dead ends at the ramp.

newkids

That’s Blythe Ferry. Not very safe. Grasshopper is 5 min top from the island in a bass boat. Up there every weekend. 58 hwy is a long way from the island.

porthos33

Yeah my buddy got robbed twice at that ramp this year. ^^^^^^Go to the other side. The island isn't that far from 58 bridge. I make the run all the time