mercury 200hp prop shaft

danrnsmyth

Does anyone have a prop shaft in good shape that is for sale? thanks

Oldman

how come my answer to this post has be deleted?

danrnsmyth

I actually did a separate post where I was asking about the process of removal of the bearing carrier so I think your response(oldman) was on that post. I am amazed that the fellow fisherman has been so kind and responsive. I sincerely appreciate the help, I am in the process of trying to determine what has to be replaced and I think best case scenario is to replace the prop shaft and put new seals in but I have not pulled the old shaft yet to inspect it or the bearing. I am hoping the bearings are good as the gear lube looks clean as it always has. Also although I have access to a tool to pull the carrier bearing assembly is looks as if there maybe a spanner wrench required which is specialized and perhaps a special tool for the seals. I do have a couple of options (thanks to you guys) on a prop shaft so now I am just trying to find time (work really impedes my fishing) to pull the unit. I may discover this is a job I cannot do.... If I cannot then I will probably be asking for some advice on a reputable mechanic. thanks Danny

Strato-G

Oldman - 8/21/2018 12:40 PM

what does tracy have to do with it?

He is looking for a used shaft,,,Tracy probably has least a couple in his available used parts,,,,or he can disasemble & reassemble......just answering a request.... emoScratch emoQuestion ............ emoGeezer emoUSA

Oldman

I gave him one.he is suppose to come and get it.