eating Bass?

smithy

Im not sure if the Bass in both countries(Australia) and U.S.A. are the same, who eats bass? and how do you cook them?, ive never eaten them. I do have a particular indiginous spice that makes anyother type of fish so good.And most other meats as well. I cant wait to eat my first Bass.

Wow you may have just opened up a can of worms with this one
We have people that think its a sin to eat a bass
They think every bass needs to be released

Personally I like to eat bass
but the smaller ones are the best eating and anything any size I throw back
A few years back we had a 12 inch limit
I think a 12 incher is the perfect eating size
The bigger ones taste a bit stronger and are thicker which means they don't cook up as fast

as far as how to cook them, dip them in an egg wash, salt & pepper, roll them in cornmeal, fry them in oil in a cast iron skillet

Enjoy!

churly

Fried to a golden brown, with cheese, lettuce and slap of tar tar. I like the big guns. I won’t fillet unless they are 5+ lbs. just like a piece monk fish

fischnrod

I've tried them and personally I didn't like the taste of them but maybe somebody could cook them so they taste much better than the ones I had.

FishingwithRusty

like any other fish, broiled or fried. im not a big fish eater but theyre not bad.

FirstLight

We only keep bass if there is going to be a mortality. But they are good. Like others have said, can't go wrong broiled or fried. We blacken them too, like you would a saltwater red fish/red drum. Firm white meat makes it perfect for this technique.

RRB32

I don't have a problem with someone eating a bass.. I've eaten them myself and I don't care for them. I'd rather have a crappie or walleye.

swamp

The only largemouth fit to eat are illegal to keep and there only good in winter water.
10 to 12 in. Spots are good to eat,but then again only when the water is cold.

wjhfish

Largemouth are great eating fish. The best time to keep your limit for consumption is during winter or when the water is still cold. 15 to 18 inch largemouth are the best. I will not keep any above 3 pounds. Blackened in a cast iron skillet is my favorite.

G

have eaten many spots from parksville and below chick. Dam 10 to 14in. is the best to me i want keep them over 2lb cause they start to have a fishy taste.

I grilled some bass on a George Foreman grill using only butter, a little bit of season salt and dill weed.. It was really good and cooked in like 4 minutes.. Usually I do like the cornmeal way though.. To me nothing beats Crappie for freshwater fish!