Kissimmee Fishing??

Looks as though the wife's family is cooking up a trip to Disney next June.. Wanted to see if anyone had some info on some fishing guides in the Orlando/Kissimmee area to check out. I will have a day or two extra to possibly go try and snag some Florida bass so I want to start my planning lol! Thought about possibly trying out the old Disney Bass guide service as well, any input? Thanks guys

Sure is fun fishing down there. I don’t know any guides personally but a lot of them seem to troll the kicker trails with golden shiners. I fished lake toho a few times with soft plastics and did pretty well! My cousins boyfriend has fished down there a lot and showed me the ropes. He informed me on day 1 that a white buzzbait in all that grass wouldn’t be great. I was determined to prove him wrong but he was right! Haha

Fshn Cpa

My friend did the Disney thing with his Grandkids. Said it was great.
Many years ago I did Kissimmee and told the guide I did not want to fish with shiners. We fished a half day and the wind kicked up. Caught a few nice fish. He said, if we don't fish with shiners we won't catch any more because of the wind. If I just wanted to call it a day he would charge me for half the day. So that is what I did.
You might try the Bassmaster or FLW websites for a guide recommendation. I think I found mine in an article in bassmaster magazine.

Dbass74

I would suggest chuck pippen he guides on toho and stays on the fish if that lake wasn’t my nemesis lol I would take you out lol if you wanted to fish the Harris chain I could help you out there

Dbass74

Florida now with but plain to move up your way soon. I live between Harris and Kissimmee but spend most of time on the Harris chain.

Based on input found on this forum, I decided to fish the Disney properties with one of their guides. I had a great time. We fished from a pontoon boat and used soft plastics and live bait. Obviously the live bait worked better and caught all of the bigger fish. Most fish caught ranged from 2.5 to 4lbs. Nothing giant but pretty none stop action. As for price, it’s comparable to other guide services, not like standard Disney pricing.