Question for who might know

Tenncrapie

Was fishing up around the north end of HBSP area today and noticed a lot of chucks of milfoil/grass/ hydrilla etc floating. Is this normal for this time of year or is it due to spraying or the hot temps. Just asking?

jsb

Only my opinion, but that and $2.00 will get you a cup of coffee. Got to be the spraying. If you look at this grass it is dead. Think about it if it wasn't dead and it was still green it simple wouldn't let go and if it would still have a lot of green and structure left.

jb366

Spraying and pleasure boat wakes. If you see a bunch of cats and carp floating with the clumps that's spraying

churly

Any lake with aquatic vegetation will have drifting pieces, as we do. But the green globs of doo doo floating down the river are from the dead grass that was sprayed with pesticides. But never fear fellas, this year the water is much warmer and uch clearer than last summer and we will have plenty of grass this year. Hot dry weather will just keep it coming to and TVA's habit of raising and lowering water levels moves the hydrilla around to keep new colonies of grass coming.

So I want all of last year's conspiracy theorist to come out of the closet and tell me why we have grass in places right now that we didnt last year? Why isnt TVA doing covert night time spraying like you guys claimed last year/

spuds704

I was on the lower end of Nick yesterday and there was a lot of big clumps of grass floating in the channel. It was green and didn't appear to be dying. While I was there, I saw a couple of pontoons and one large cruiser motor through a flat that's around five foot of water and loaded with grass just under the surface. So, as long as we have the tube draggers and mobile parties running around the lake with no clue as to water depth or what the channel buoys are for, we're going to have floating clumps grass.