Spray Boat

kingcab

Was fishing Wed. morning below Soddy Creek and saw the TVA spray boat come out of Soddy and head north,later headed up river I saw them come out of Possum Creek....can't be a good sign.

Gator

Don’t know if it was Tva but saw an Air Boat near Harrison Bay Wednesday.

Smalliefan2

Saw an air boat this morning at CFP. They were bow hunting carp, the youngster still was holding his bow. Boat was set up for hunting.

churly

The boat is owned by aquaservices. TVA doesn’t do any spraying.

jsb

The airboats are definitely out spraying. Saw them out 2 weeks ago up around Dry Branch spraying. Curley is right about who is spraying and TVA not spraying but TVA has given permission for anyone to hire them that can afford it.

Hook1

All those pesticides eventually get to the river and run downstream. I wish there was another way. I’m just not sure there is.

bullet02

What about these big cutting machines like on guntersville? Never seen one in person but when I was down their couple years ago you could tell where they had cut lanes in and out of Ramps and such. Why ain't we got them here?

Hook1

Maybe a matter of cost I don’t know. My grandparents had a lake house in up state NY and you be killed over something like dumping chemicals into the lake. They used the big harvester type machines and just chopped lanes into the grass where needed. It made for some great fishing when they got done too!

Blue76

I saw one of those chop and bail boats a couple of seasons ago above the nuke plant in one of the sloughs on the left side going up. He would drop the bail out in deep water and go back to cutting up shallow.

Greg

RRB32

I really wish they would go the mechanical route instead of chemical.. lots of potential health hazards when you deal with chemicals that we might not know of now but will show down the road.