Bassmaster magazine #2

Rannger361

Lake Chickamauga is the number 2 lake in the country according the Bassmater magizine.

alicia ayers

turn a few pages over in Bassmaster magazine and Chickamauga is no.1 in National Top 10 lakes from the Southeastern Division ! So wonder how many more anglers this will bring ?

Jpull

I grew up bass fishing Chickamauga and paid my dues through the 70's to mid 80s. Tough fishing back when depth finders still "whirred" and milfoil was some kind of new grass. After a 25+ year hiatus (and huge TWRA support to the lake it seems) I've been back fishing now for a couple of years and seen a huge difference in Chick bass. I'm kind of on the fence about lake ratings and fishing tourism. Seems like a great financial incentive for locals businesses but I'm not sure about the impact on the fishery. I've talked to several folks on the water this spring who where here for a week fishing vacation and were having a great time. Do you boost your economy or keep your fishing hole a secret? Seems like it may unfortunately be the price we pay for a well managed bass fishery close to home. Meanwhile I'm going to take advantage of it as much as I can.

Just my 2 pesos worth,
Jim

porthos33

No secrets anymore! Someone knows, or a bunch of someone's know! I'll put it this way, I got into bass fishing about 10 years ago. I love it and hate it sometimes mainly when its 5pm with a heat index over 110 and NO wind! haha I think it is pretty awesome what we have here.

I remember when they first started doing these rankings with Falcon and Okechobee being top dogs. I would just sit and watch in amazement of Keith Combs cranking in 50lb bags in Texas and dream about fishing these lakes. I don't have to dream anymore! Its awesome the florida strain and hybrids have done so well here. Because the stocking efforts worked so well we now have many other lakes that they are stocking now.
A lot of TVA lakes are amazing lakes to fish. I mean look how well Guntersville is still fishing after being so high in the rankings all these years. It's always easy to see the glass half full when you can't get on your spots or can't even get a parking spot! But thats just the way it is, and like Mike Jolly says, If they need to adjust in the future they will look to do it.

G

One thing about it twra is stocking the florida bass up and down the river system in a few more years the hole tennessee river will be like chick.Watts bar and fort loundon is coming on strong.

RRB32

Hope the rest of the TVA chain increases in quality of fishing like Chick did so we can spread some of the pressure!

Blue76

All it does is make me realize I must be clueless. I do not have any better luck fishing chick than I do any other lake. Matter of fact I have better days on other area lakes than I do chick. When I see it ranked #2 and I struggle to catch 3 keeper size fish it tells me I need to play more golf.

Lx545

I agree 100%. Lake has been pretty tough for me this year. Probably wasted more time than I should trying to figure it out but I just don't have the "time" it takes to stay on the chick fish it seems. I enjoy fishing the river more anyway. .