Transducer mounting

About to install a depth finder on my kayak.
What's the best way to mount the transducer?
Thanks

cbastnagel

Whatever you do, if you permanently mount it, look at getting a Burley Pro Mount Cover to protect your transducer.

Another option is the side mount option from Yak Attack.

There are lots of you tube videos that explore the various options. So before you drill take a chill and research it. I have a Hobie so I am spoiled; as it comes with a mount setup. Still, I had to get a Burley Pro cover to keep the transducer from getting shredded.

Fishheadspin

plumbers putty to the inside. Make a circle with the putty and pull the putt up high enough to make a dam. Put transducer in the circle and pull putty up over the tranducer enough to hold. Pour enough water inside the dam to cover bottom of the transducer. I have had this in the hobbie for 3 years and it works great. Even in heavy swell in the gulf.

This is the best way I have found without cutting into the plastic.

ByrdDawg

I just purchased a used Jackson Kayak and the previous owner placed the transducer in the skid hole. This seems to work very well. I think the top of the hole should be filled with some epoxy. Most people choose to plug these anyways.

6969blkdragon

Go to youtube and type in kayak transducer mount thru hull. It uses a sponge and silicone. Wont hurt your boat or transducer. Sounds stupid till you see it