You are logged in as a guest. ( Logon | Register Now! )

Sticky Happy 10th Anniversary CFF - Your Comments Wanted
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2
   Fishing Fishing Discussion

Posted by Labman
2/15/2017 10:25 PM
What can I say. I moved to Hixson in 2007 from Lake Hartwell in SC. I have fished all my life over most of the US and Canada. My great day was when I met and fished with Drumking he has been a blessing to me ever since. I even sold him my G3 boat when I got sick and thought my fishing days were done. The CFF family stood by us through brain surgery, heart attacks and were always there to help us. I will always remember Polo and CU helping Judie through some rough times when I was very ill. God bless them and too many CFF members to mention.

I have often said I think this area of East TN has some of the best multi species fishing of any where in the country. I have benefitted greatly from fishing learning from many menbers. Drumking and Sam S the Striper Masters, Polo and Drumking the crappie kings, Nauticman River Smallmouth magic.

Finally a special thanks to Richard Simms, and Spurhunter and many others who I call my friends. CFF is a treasure !

Regards, Norman Neel
Posted by cuonthelake
2/16/2017 9:32 AM
About 15 years ago, I bought my dream home here in Wolftever Creek, I spent countless hours from from deck, dock, and while out pleasure boating watching some great catches come from the creek. 8 years ago my dad became terminally ill, he wanted to impart with me great wisdom before his passing, and I made a final trip to see him. You see, he was the first one to put a rod in my very young hand, and to this day I can hear him very clearly and with great authority tell me, "don't take you eye off that bobber". I was raised to do what ever he said, its never failed me, and sometimes I sure wish I would pick the phone up and get some of advise on what to do..
On this particular last visit, as he struggle to have breath to talk to me, he instructed me about TIME, his life was filled with work and providing for his family. He knew I had been working a lot in my career, as he had his whole life, and he said you can never get back time. He was basically telling me to take time to enjoy my surroundings. We shared a lot of memories some not so pleasant, but thats when true healing arrives in you life when you learn that everyone is doing the best they can at their own given moment. I learned that day that forgiveness was vital for my own sanity, and that some of my best memories with him was his TIME. I left that cold fall day, knowing I'd never see him again in this lifetime, but the warmth of peace, and his last parting advise well forever be the best TIME I ever spent with George, my dad, outside of our crappie fishing trips, and a Frank Sinatra concert.
Advise: Find someone to teach you how to really catch crappie, listen to them as if I was telling you what to do, and whatever you do take TIME to enjoy where you have been and where you plan to go, an then find time to make someone else life better....
Shortly after that, I contacted Spur, after a google search that lead me CFF, that got me in touch with Drumking. The first time Drumking told me to watch my line, I knew George was with me! Along came WTK, and I couldn't have hand pick two of Chickamauga best crappie teachers to "really teach me how to catch crappie" THANK YOU BOTH!
I kept my word to my dad, with the help of CFF best crappie fisherman and some great bass guys and put on several Crappie For Canines TX to benefit service dogs in training for people with physical disabilities. To date we have raised over 12,000.00
Thank you CFF all the members and the time you spend to post about your days.
Whenever I'm out there on the water the peace that comes is a life journey from my upbringing, career, and all the great people I encounter. To sum it up from a Frank Sinatra song, that was my dads favorite..."I did it my way" George I hope I make you proud, Im not taking my eye off the bobber!

Posted by SpurHunter
2/16/2017 12:19 PM
You guys N gals, are getting awful sentimental. Im glad to read both of your stories and know CFF had a part in enriching your fishing lives, some much further than just fishing.
Posted by puddle jumper
2/16/2017 9:35 PM

I got on in 2007 as well , and from the start there was a endless supply of guys that where willing to share info on how to catch fish and at the time I really needed help, I took that info and put it to work and became a decent fisherman, I've never forgotten the help guys like you Richard, EricM Drumking Spur, Foodsaver , Cathooker and a hand full of other guys gave to me when I was starting out and I give that credit to DHaun and the forum of great guys here, I have tried to pay that forward anyway I can by teaching guys just coming into fishing and sharing what I know now with them...that's what its all about enjoying what we love with guys that feel the same way we do...
Happy 10th guys

Puddle Jumper

(56 lb's.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 56 lb's.jpg (64KB - 566 downloads)
Posted by drumking
2/16/2017 10:38 PM
All I can say about CFF are good things. It is through this forum that I have met and fished with so many great fishermen and made lifelong friends. My life has been enriched through the various members that I have been blessed to have met and fished with. Not only do I love to fish, but I also love to teach fishing as well. It is evident by the numbers of men and women that I have been able to take out for a day or more. The best way to learn is to teach somebody and I have learned much more and received much more than I have ever given.

I have had great students who caught on to the method of crappie fishing that I prefer which is a single pole in hand, casting and retrieving. Some only needed a trip or two. Others took a little longer and that isn't saying anything bad about those that took longer, it is just that when someone only fishes one method, and you try to teach them something completely different, things get a little confusing at times.

But, it is all good in crappie fishing. I'm even going to do different techniques this year that I just wouldn't do before because I didn't want to fish that certain way. Before you all have heart palpitations, this does not include live bait. This is just one point that I won't compromise. Grin. Sorry, Richard.

Posted by Nauticman
2/18/2017 3:47 PM
Beautifully stated comments above. Happy 10th, CFF! I've been a member 9+ years and certainly am a better all-species fisherman for it. I've met several members, all nice guys, and fished with a few of them. Learned something from all of them. Drumking and Labman are my heroes, what a pair of great fishermen, sportsmen and gentlemen. I am forever indebted to them for what they have taught me and I am blessed that I can call them my friends!
Posted by Reel2Reel
12/23/2017 2:55 PM
I'm a new member but I'm excited to be around like minded people and learn from each of you.
Posted by 31airborne
5/9/2018 7:35 AM
I found this forum 5 years ago while preparing for our FoM national championship (Chick). Folks on here helped us find a place to stay, gave us tips on where to/where not to put in, offered advice on strategies/baits, the list goes on. I don't fish eastern TN very much but you will find a report from our FoM event on here. If and when I get back down thataway you'll get reports from me. Good buncha doods on here.
Posted by pakjohn
11/26/2018 11:17 AM
I moved here from Lake Hartwell a couple years back and the first thing I did was google Chattanooga fishing forums..... Very happy to find this forum that hosts so many passionate and friendly fishing enthusiasts. Happy 10th Birthday!
Posted by Jwh
7/21/2019 4:40 PM
Congratulations on 10 years.
Posted by jhold
1/16/2020 7:41 PM
Good to see that it stayed the course
Posted by tete
2/27/2020 2:34 PM
Hi just joined. Been fishing Chick since 1977 with Combustion Engineering Bass Club /CBA . You seem to have a good thing going
Posted by rayb
2/28/2020 5:08 AM
Great bunch of guys and gals to fish with, look forward to each year of fishing it.
Posted by wweaver
2/28/2020 11:05 AM
It is a great site. The only suggestion I have would be for more people to post their summaries of their fishing trips. People use to post a lot more than they do now. Why do you think that has dwindled?
Spread the word

del.icio.us Digg Furl Reddit BB Google Ma.gnolia Netscape Simpy StumbleUpon Technorati Live Yahoo!

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Advertiser

Advertiser

CFF Calendar
December 2021
SMTWTFS
      1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31  

Upcoming events (next 2 weeks)

Advertiser

Random Photo
Nice kicker off a crank. 03/28/09 With XR

"Nice kicker off a crank. 03/28/09 With XR"
Album: Jmax and friends

(Delete all cookies set by this site)

Copyright © 1996-2021 All rights reserved.
Duplication in whole or in part of this Web site without express written consent is prohibited.
CFF Privacy Policy

Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2021 PD9 Software