You are logged in as a guest. ( Logon | Register Now! )

Sticky Happy 10th Anniversary CFF - Your Comments Wanted
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 1
   Fishing Fishing Discussion

Posted by rsimms
5/19/2015 9:31 AM
OK, I am late with this.... even though SpurHunter gave me LOTS of advance warning.

But the Chattanooga Fishing Forum, originally created by DHaun, turned 10 years old last month. DHaun actually created (and become Member #1 on 12/14/2004). His daughter became Member #2 on 1/13/2005. However I am proud to say I become Member #3 -- the first member outside the Haun family -- on 4/29/2005. About a year later I wrote an article for the Chattanooga Times Free Press and at the time, CFF had 240 Registered members. I've posted that article here on the CFF Facebook page.

Registrations began to skyrocket, and haven't stopped since. Today there are an incredible 11,501 Registered members.

For the (belated) anniversary article, I want your Comments please (for the record). Answer these questions (short & sweet), "What has being a member of the CFF Community done for you personally?" and, Has being a member of CFF improved your ability to catch fish in our area?"

I'll use screen names, but I really want real names as well ... so if it's not in your profile, please include it.

Get ready, get set, GO! (Please!)
Posted by SpurHunter
5/19/2015 11:53 AM
Its hard to put into written words how much the CFF has become a part of my life. I have laughed, cried, been to funerals and weddings, all because of the fishing family I found on CFF. I count 80% of my good friends today because of meeting on the forum, and all because of our mutual love of fishing. Even though some people’s activity levels come and go, (very common on web forums), I still have regular communication with members I met here that don’t participate anymore. I’m looking forward to the next 1o years.
Posted by Jmax
5/19/2015 2:35 PM
I think I could just repeat what Spur just said. I joined on 9/28/2005. I think I was member number 87. I remember at the time Polo was the one who contacted me and told me about the CFF. I had for years wrote news paper articles about fishing and posted reports on BASS Home Page. If I remember correctly that is where Polo saw me and realized I did not live far. For a while me and polo seemed to be the only ones who posted much. Then I met Dhaun and he asked me to help moderate the forum with him. Seems really a long time ago. I have met so many people I can't count them all. It has been great. Some have turned into friends outside the CFF, like Spur said some have gone, some have come back, but through it all we now have a kind of fellowship among fishermen and fisherwomen we will always be a part of.

Yes, I will say my fishing skills have greatly improved over the time with the CFF. Until I met Polo and Drumking I only thought I knew how to crappie fish. Those two opened up my eyes to a whole new world of crappie fishing I never knew existed. I never knew you could catch crappie year round like you can on the Chick. I also feel it has become a huge source of information to keep up with all the different tournaments and events held on the lakes around here. If you want to know what tournaments are going on in our area one of the best places to look is the CFF.

Love my CFF Family, Jmax
Posted by churly
5/19/2015 2:45 PM
I became a member while still in college at mtsu. Jmax invited me over after reading my Chick reports on another forum. Back then it felt like a small group of buddies sharing fishing lies. Now its blown up. Best part for me has been meeting guys like jmax, bprice, ranger rob, spur, billy and many others who have become life-long friends of mine

Edited by churly 5/19/2015 2:46 PM
Posted by EricM
5/19/2015 3:34 PM
I joined in January of 2007, and have been addicted ever since. I have made a great number of friends on the forum, several of whom I have never personally met but that I still I talk with regularly. I love sharing my experiences on the water, both good and bad, and I enjoy hearing - and seeing - those of others. The willingness of the members to share fishing tips and information has vastly improved my fishing skills and successes locally and has expanded my knowledge and ability to include many different species. I have also had the opportunity to learn from, and help teach, while personally fishing with over 50 CFF members!
Posted by drumking
5/19/2015 5:10 PM
I joined shortly after Richard wrote the article in the paper. I have had the pleasure to have fished with over 70 members, teaching several of them the techniques that I use to crappie fish. I still have several that I have promised to fish with and I will get around to them shortly.

I take people and show them how I fish and I encourage them to teach others also. I remember how it was when I was much younger and wanting to know how to catch crappie and no one would tell me anything. Oh, I saw people catch fish while trolling, but that just isn't my cup of tea. I still have a passion to share techniques with people who are hungry to learn. Those who are only interested in learning where I fish usually don't get over 1 or 2 trips at the most. Those who are hungry, I will take years with them to get them into a groove.

I have had some great people to fish with and have taught some so well, that they put me to shame. CFF is a great place to meet and make new friends. Most of you guys that I know, we would never have met if it wasn't for CFF. I want to thank David Haun for beginning this forum 10 years ago and for all the ones who post reports. Fishing reports are the life blood of this forum. Without them, this would site would die. I have learned more from my fellow fishermen than I have ever taught. Thank you, guys.

Thank you Richard for writing about CFF all those many years ago. It has been a blessing to this old fisherman.
Posted by MrWiskers
5/19/2015 9:01 PM
I have fished with 58 CFF members over the years and learned something new from each one of them. Went from catching 2-3 bass per trip to catching 100+ on good days. Crappie, catfish, you name it, I have learned more on how to catch fish since joining the forum in 2006 than I learned in all my years fishing before combined. Caught all of my personal best fish since joining the form, if that does not sum it up, then nothing will.
Posted by SethColeman
5/19/2015 9:23 PM
I have met, fished, and made many friends from this forum. We have raised almost $15,000 in 4 years with our Christopher J. Robertson benefit tournament. He introduced me to this forum in 2007 ,and his spirit carries on with his tournament. I am blessed for all the friends I have acquired, and my fishing skills have advanced tremendously because of the forum and the people I was lucky enough to fish with. Guess I kinds picked up a little reputation as well(most know what I'm referring to
Posted by HunterDuck25
5/19/2015 9:43 PM
Congratulations on 10 years! Tons of good information on here from troubleshooting equipment,tournament results and fishing reports.
I would say that the CFF has definitely helped me and changed some of ways that I fish(Still a have long way to go).
To the active members on this forum, THANK YOU!
Posted by swin
5/19/2015 10:18 PM
I am new to CFF but It seems to be very informing
Posted by foodsaver
5/20/2015 10:56 AM
I have made some of my best friends here. I have caught more fish than I ever thought I would because of lessons taught by some of our members (DHaun, Shsimons, rsimms, Tbi, EricM, Drumking, WLG, Terry whatever your username is, etc etc etc) I really appreciate all the forum has been to me over the years and I hope this is just the first of many decades.
Posted by foodsaver
5/20/2015 10:59 AM
SethColeman - 5/19/2015 10:23 PM

I have met, fished, and made many friends from this forum. We have raised almost $15,000 in 4 years with our Christopher J. Robertson benefit tournament. He introduced me to this forum in 2007 ,and his spirit carries on with his tournament. I am blessed for all the friends I have acquired, and my fishing skills have advanced tremendously because of the forum and the people I was lucky enough to fish with. Guess I kinds picked up a little reputation as well(most know what I'm referring to

It's that he is a dick for those of you that are curious
Posted by SethColeman
5/20/2015 8:27 PM
foodsaver - 5/20/2015 10:59 AM

Damn lol
Posted by derek81
5/20/2015 8:36 PM
foodsaver - 5/20/2015 10:59 AM

Haha yep
Posted by bassinbrian
7/7/2015 8:26 PM
I found it by accident and joined right away! I live in Scott County Tn its 100 miles from my driveway to the Dayton ramp. I don't get to fish the Chic much but always enjoy it. This forum is a motivator for me. I would rather read these posts than any fishing magazine. I've only met a couple of members but hope to meet more in the future. When I can't fish this forum is the next best thing!! Congrats on 10 strong years.
Posted by Gator
7/23/2015 9:20 AM
Just noticed this thread.
I want to thank everyone that contributes in the CFF. I have enjoyed being a member for a very long time probably 9 years plus. I have made new friends, learned lots more about fishing and even bought a boat from the CFF. Many of you have prayed for us during the time my wife was so sick.

Keep up the good work.

Edited by Gator 7/23/2015 9:24 AM
Posted by ThePrez
9/30/2015 4:32 PM
Every time I logon and read the posts in the cff, it make me itchin for a fishin!
Posted by Pointer 78
9/30/2015 5:28 PM
Joined back in 2005. Was one of the first 75 members. All of my closest friends are members here.
Posted by davisjeremy1981
5/8/2016 12:43 PM
I'm new to this forum and so glad it is here. I use to spend a lot of time fishing chick when I was in high school with my dad. Bass, Crappie, Cats you name it we fished for it. However that was back when tva was still spraying to kill the grass in the lake and before they started stocking the Florida largemouth. Since I've returned home from the Navy everything has changed on the lake. Back when dad and I were fishing tourneys and such on chick it was all about finding fish on timber or docks or stumps or any other kind of structure you could find. Now there is grass everywhere and everyone is talking about this ledge bite which is something totally new to me. Its been frustrating and a bit overwhelming at times trying to figure out the fishing because there are so many places and so much cover that looks like it should be loaded with fish. This forum has been awesome for me to try to figure out this lake that I use fish all the time but is totally new to me now and everyone on the forum seem to be willing to share info and tips. Hoping soon to build up enough confidence to get out a try some tourneys before the year is up. Really glad that ive found this forum and looking forward to it being here for a long time to come.

Edited by davisjeremy1981 5/8/2016 12:48 PM
Posted by fish
5/8/2016 3:00 PM
An older thread but I joined the CFF 8-25-2005, not many members back then but the CFF has always been a wealth if fishing information. I don't post a lot because I don't fish as much as I would like, but I sure enjoy reading about everyone else's fishing trip. I have met several members and all have been really nice folks. Here is hoping the CFF will be a round for many many years yet.
Posted by Hook1
5/8/2016 6:26 PM
I joined after hearing my brother Jason going on and on about the forum, its members and the tournaments. I don't really fish the tournaments any more but still make reading the forum part of my daily life.
Posted by backlasher
12/19/2016 11:57 AM
I learned about the forum from a friend a few years ago and it has been a wealth of knowledge for me. Anything fishing or gear related and in between.
Posted by stratos24/7
12/19/2016 4:15 PM
I have been apart of the CFF for about a year and have learned a lot of great things and made a few new friends. Thanks you to all that keep it going.
Posted by fischnrod
12/19/2016 8:03 PM
There is really nothing more I can add that hasn't been said already. I sure hope to be around many more years for all the info I've learned on CFF to sink in my old hard head. I 'really enjoyed fishing the Cff tournaments over the years and met a lot of good guys that I now call friends .

I even got to meet Richard Simms at one of the CFF tournaments !!!

Edited by fischnrod 12/19/2016 8:05 PM
Posted by BASS MAN
12/19/2016 8:17 PM
Happy 10th
Spread the word

del.icio.us Digg Furl Reddit BB Google Ma.gnolia Netscape Simpy StumbleUpon Technorati Live Yahoo!

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 1
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Advertiser

Advertiser

CFF Calendar
December 2021
SMTWTFS
      1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31  

Upcoming events (next 2 weeks)

Advertiser

Random Photo

Album: Tackle craft

(Delete all cookies set by this site)

Copyright © 1996-2021 All rights reserved.
Duplication in whole or in part of this Web site without express written consent is prohibited.
CFF Privacy Policy

Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2021 PD9 Software