Verse of the Day

kdxdude

On another forum I am on they have a "Verse of the Day" thread. I thought I would start one here. Please help me to keep this thread going, I will do my best but I would gladly appreciate help by folks posting verses here. I have Jimmy Houston's book "Catch of the Day Spiritual Lessons for Life from the Sport of Fishing". The comments that are typed after the verses are from Jimmy Houston's book. Thanks CFF for giving us another avenue to share God's word.

"Stop complaining to each other."

John 6:43

When God saves us, He places His Holy Spirit in us. The Holy Spirit produces much fruit-including joy-and none of this holy fruit includes grumbling. If you're saved, act like it!

God Bless Ya'll & have a GREAT day! I'm goin fishin!!!

kdxdude

Do not worry about anything, but pray and ask God for everything you need, always giving thanks.

Philippians 4:6

Fat Albert

<font color="#ff0033" size="4">hey I love this idea.........it is a good thing...FA</font>

kdxdude

"Don't be afraid; just believe."

Mark 5:36

God wants us to believe Him and not be afraid no matter what. This trust comes from absolutely knowing that you belong to Him and that He will never forsake you.

canoe fisherman

Isaiah 40:31
They that hope in the LORD will renew their strength,
they will soar as with eagles' wings; They will run and not grow weary, walk and not grow faint.
emoAngel

kdxdude

Anyone who is having troubles should pray.

James 5:13

For a lot of believers, trouble is the only time they let God work in their lives. God will be there to carry us through our storms, but if we let Him walk with us everyday, He will keep us out of most trouble.

kdxdude

But the Lord is faithful and will give you strength and will protect you from the Evil One.

2 Thessalonians 3:3

How can we allow God to work better in guarding us against attacks from the devil? Christians and non-Christians will be attacked by Satan. Without God, in all honesty, we're pretty powerless. With God, we have the power of prayer constantly available. When Satan attacks, pray! You will be amazed at how quickly God will come to help.

soddyvolfan

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14 emoAngel

Fat Albert

<font color="#ff0033" size="4" face="comic sans ms,sand">This is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it. proverbs</font></p>

emoGrouphug emoGrouphug </p>

kdxdude

Whoever says that he lives in God must live as Jesus lived.

1 John 2:6

All of us are affected greatly by the people we respect and look up to, so shouldn't what we say about how to live be directed by the greatest person who ever walked this earth? Jesus is that person, and His life was lived in perfection. Today, ask God to give you the mindset of Jesus. Pause in every situation and relationship and give God a chance to let you react like Jesus. Just a two-second pause is all God needs to work miracles if you're serious about letting Him.

kdxdude

In all this Job did not sin or blame God.

Job 1:22

Sometimes it seems that just getting by day by day is a terrific struggle, but keep in mind that struggles have a benefit. We learn much more at the bottom than we do at the top of the heap. It's good to look at challenges as great opportunities to learn and build character. God will actually use these hardships to build you as a Christian. We all know Job as the king of trouble and hardship. When we read about Job the first time, it's almost impossible not to cry for the guy. When we finish the story, we see what God can make out of our troubles. What an awesome God!!!

canoe fisherman

Make a joyful noise unto the Lord, all ye lands.
Serve the Lord with gladness;
come before his presence with singing.
Know ye that the Lord he is God;
it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves;
we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.
Enter into his gates with thanksgiving,
and into his courts with praise;
be thankful unto him, and bless his name.
For the Lord is good; his mercy is everlasting;
and his truth endureth to all generations.

psalm 100