Transition to New Administrators

Bprice

CFF Members,</p>

As most of you know in February of 2008, David Haun sold CFF to First Light. David decided he wanted to step away and let some new blood administer the forum. Billy and I were both honored (yet reluctant) that David asked us to take the Administrative duties. Recently, we have stepped back and assessed our roles as Administrators and our futures as Admins. At this time we both feel that it is best to hand over our duties to two other qualified members, who have practiced the ideals of CFF and followed through by their actions. Starting in the next few weeks, Spurhunter and XLDVee will take over the reigns as CFF Administrators. We are excited with these selections, as both members have planned and worked many CFF events in the past and still to come. Please welcome these two gentlemen as Admins and show them your support. Billy and I will help with the transition over the next few weeks, and Billy will assist the new Admins as liaison with First Light, while they develop a relationship with the owners.</p>

It has been a honor and an enjoyable experience (with a few gray hairs sprouted)being Admins the last 18 months. We have seen CFF grow by leaps and bounds. Not all our decisions had full member backing all the time, but we did what we thought was best, and that is all a man can do. Thank you for all your support over the last year and a half, and your effort in making CFF what it is today!</p>

Personally I am looking forward to being just a member of CFF. I am also relieving myself of Moderator duties as well. Grandpappy always said that its better to burn out, than fade away.Now its time to stir up some trouble! emoPoke</p>

Thanks to everyone who has made CFF what it is today!</p>

G

Thanks guys for everything, you guys did great. The new ones will do as great too.

AThornton

Thanks Brandon and Billy. You guys have done one hell of a job over the last year and a half. Hopefully, Erik and myself will be able to continue what you guys and DHaun have started here in making this the best fishing forum that it could be. On behalf of both of us, we are honored to receive this invitation and we hope to uphold the quality and character that has been the CFF for so long now. I am lucky that I found this site when I did, as I have made numerous life-long friends that I would have never known without the CFF. We all share in one common goal guys, and I hope none of us ever lose sight of that. No matter what happens to me during the work week, I know that I can always go launch the ol Norris Craft and for a few hours, all of my problems seem to disappear. I hope that you all feel the same way and feel the need to pass along this passion that we all possess to future generations.

To all the CFF members, we thank you for your contribution to the site and we hope each and every one of you will continue to be a key part of what makes this forum so great. Without the general population, we would have nothing here. So ya'll get out there and wet a line or two, and come back and give a report and tell a few lies! After all, that's what the CFF is all about! The camaraderie that is found here is 2nd to none, I firmly believe. That seems evident to me at any of our local gatherings, whether it be a CFF tournament or a picnic, or whatever. This is a great place to be with even greater members, and I'm happy to call all of you my friends! I hope to see ya'll on the water soon! Tight lines! emoAngler :emoticon:logo

striperchase

Thanks for all the hard work and long hours you guys put into CFF. emoToast emoApplause

Thanks for taking over good luck to the new admins Spurhunter and XLDVee.

emoThumbsup emoThumbsup

foodsaver

There goes the neighborhood!

hl&s

WOW ! emoDoh Why do I feel like a ton of bricks just fell on me. You know, the older I get the less I like change. </p>

When David sold, I didn't know what to expect and just kind of lurked for awhile. But he left it in the hands of two of the original members that kept things going and have done a great job. I hope this change doesn't take us away from the original format David laid out, and carried out, to perfection. </p>

Treating and welcoming all fishermen, no matter what species, like friends and neighbors, hastaken a lot ofwisdom and patience. I hope it continues.</p>

Thanks to BPrice and BBass, for the hard work, the tough decisions, and the time you gave to us when you could have been doing other things like fishing or family fun. You will be missed as Administrators.</p>

Thanks to Spur and XLVDee for stepping up. Don't take my post as a knock on you, it's a concern, as often happens with change. Good luck !</p>

Buoy-Master

Thanks everyone.
I can easily say that I have enjoyed this experience yet I've learned a ton about people. Never will anyone out there ever be able to make everyone happy. What decisions Brandon and I have made, we made together and stood by them whether folks thought they were right or wrong.

I just cant wait to get back in the mainstream and focus on reports and just kick back and have some fun. No more delete button or edit for me! LOL!

Thanks again to EVERY SINGLE MEMBER HERE! Although we don't share the same opinions and beliefs...we still share the same love...Fishing. That's what should bind our friendships here on CFF!

PS...Wayne, you still ugly! ;)

hl&s

PS...Wayne, you still ugly! ;)
</p>

Thanks Billy ! I was almost ready to emoBawl over this whole thing but now I see you are not going toCHANGE one bit. All is right in the universe and I'm happy again !emoBigsmile emoBigsmile </p>

P.S. You left out BUTT again. Guess your memory ain't gonna improve any.emoScratch emoPoke emoBigsmile </p>

AThornton

Wayne, I can assure you that we are not looking to change anything about the CFF. We still want it to be a place for information and camaraderie. I understand what you are saying, and I would feel the same way. But I don't want folks to get the impression that Spur and I are here to change everything about the forum and make it a place that is no longer fun to be a part of. We are simply stepping in behind Billy and Brandon in an attempt to carry on what they and DHaun have established here. The last thing we want to do it to come in and start changing stuff around and losing interest from our original members. The sad reality is that things are always changing, and CFF is seeing more and more members everyday. It's not the small spit and whiddle site that it used to be, but I don't think that is necessarily a bad thing. With the numbers on the rise, the information should be on the rise as well, and that is what we are hoping for. We want this to continue as a family friendly, fun community site to be a part of. Hopefully all the members will feel the same way and we can continue to grow the CFF family for years to come! emoToast

JSV

BBass - 8/19/2009 12:23 AM Thanks everyone. I can easily say that I have enjoyed this experience yet I've learned a ton about people. Never will anyone out there ever be able to make everyone happy. What decisions Brandon and I have made, we made together and stood by them whether folks thought they were right or wrong. I just cant wait to get back in the mainstream and focus on reports and just kick back and have some fun. No more delete button or edit for me! LOL! Thanks again to EVERY SINGLE MEMBER HERE! Although we don't share the same opinions and beliefs...we still share the same love...Fishing. That's what should bind our friendships here on CFF! PS...Wayne, you still ugly! ;)
</p><span style="font-size: 10pt; color: #43647e; font-family: Verdana">Did you buy that spotting scope yet Billy? emoEek emoBigsmile JJ

</p></span><span style="font-size: 10pt; color: #43647e; font-family: Verdana">Hate to see you and Brandon go as Admin but I certainly understand it!

</p></span><span style="font-size: 10pt; color: #43647e; font-family: Verdana">Good job and thanks for the countless of hours spent keeping the site clean and running. emoThanks

</p></span><span style="font-size: 10pt; color: #43647e; font-family: Verdana">I know the extra time will give you the opportunitytonet even bigger fish. emoDoh emoGeezer

</p></span><span style="font-size: 10pt; color: #43647e; font-family: Verdana">Thanks again!

</p></span>

</p>

Bubbakat

Thanks guys for a job well done. emoToast

emoWelcome this is to the 2 that are taking it over Two more goodins as far as I can see.

dragfish

Thanks BB & BP for all your time and effort-great work!
I'd bet a lot of us (myself included) don't understand the exact structure if this business. I'm sure ther are a lot of early mornings, late nights and eggshell walking on occassions.
Thanks to XL and Spur for stepping up, they will publish their private phone numbers, right?
Anyway, does this mean Adam's getting a new truck?

AThornton

Yea Ron, Billy has offered to replace my Duramax with a brand new one! Oh, and he's throwing in a brand spanking new Skeeter 21i with a 250 Vmax to go with it, ain't ya Billy emoPoke emoPoke

Good job guys, thanks for the service to the site it is not an easy role. As for the future of the world, man I don't know. It seems maybe dealing with Obama as Prez emoBang was just prepping us for having Spur as an admin!! emoPoke What is the world coming to!!! emoUpsmile

Spur this was a test of your admin powers. I am try to be your first delete! emoLaugh

Good luck to the new admins emoApplause trying to keep this group of rebels emoCrazy in line.

hl&s

emoUpsmile emoUpsmile That's funny Kevin !</p>

Thanks forthe assuranceXLDVee.emoThumbsup I'll take my Geritol and go to bed now.emoBigsmile </p>

JDK

SpurHunter - 8/19/2009 9:34 PM A huge thanks to Brandon and Billy for all their hard work these long months. Really the CFF is on auto-pilot right now, and Adam and I dont forsee having to do any heavy lifting. The CFF will esentially run and look the exact same, just different knuckle-heads behind the wheel! (biting nails)
</p>

dont you mean bigger knuckle heads emoPoke emoScratch
</p>