Trailer bunks

Fshn Cpa

Need to replace the bunks on my 20 ft Stratos trailer. Any recommendations?

bassnbuck

Its easy. Measure board length, buy boards and carpet from Lowes, staple carpet to boards, dump and dock boat, remove old boards, and install new boards. Nothin to it.

Aries 181

You can buy the materials and install yourself a whole lot cheaper than paying to have it done. I've done it on two different trailers.

Bill

FishingwithRusty

i prefer to use treated lumber for the bunks and i glue(contact cement) the carpet to the bunks AND staple it. its not hard, just park your boat off tot he side on the dock and pull up out of the way at the ramp and have at it. a good cordless screw gun with the bit for a socket will make quick work of driving the lag bolts

Strato-G

Vince, look up Gatorbak bunk materials……Their # is 910-474- 3153….speak with John, I have delt with them, great representation, & I believe far superior material over carpet….call John and discuss with him…good people…
emoGeezer emoUSA

dtw2

there was a place in ring gold ga but cant remember the name, they made the bunks pretty cheap any color any length

Fshn Cpa

Bought new bunks from Tennessee Trailer. They installed them, replaced my safety chains and used new hardware. You have to work with them as they don't usually do repairs for other trailers. They did a great job.

digitalcb

I just use real heavy plastic ties and scraps of wood and patch 'em together.