CFF no.1 2022 Chickamauga Dam Ramp

elwestb

Ronnie and i stayed all day on the lower end of the lake. Water temp was 51- 52 degrees and had a good stain to it. We started out throwing the Rig. Finally I caught a short fish on the Rig. Ronnie then caught another short fish also on a Rig. We finally put the Rigs down and went to throwing other baits. We caught about six or seven fish each. One each on the Rigs, one on a chatter bait, and one on a Spinnerbait. Our other fish came on shakey head worms. We threw them but we never had a bite on a Trap or crank bait all day? Ronnie caught three keepers on the shakey head. One was a spot that I finally culled with my only keeper that came on a shakey head. We both broke off two fish each on hook sets and Ronnie lost two more keepers that jumped and just came unbuttoned? Both looked to be in 3 / 3 1/2 pound range. I don't know if this had anything to do with it but Ronnie had the better bites with his spinning rod? Our three keepers weighd just over nine pounds and we finished in third place. Congrats to Billy Campbell and Steven Hall on the win with three fish over fourteen pounds topped off with the big fish over eight pounds. I hpoe to see everyone down at the RiverPark on March 19th!