Need advice to help bank fisherman please

ChooChooSnakeMan

Hey Everybody. I am blessed like most of you to do my fishing from a boat but not everyone can or even wants to. I have a friend who is in his early 80s, he is a veteran and a great guy. He gets around very well for his age but he wouldn't be mobile enough to climb up and down in a boat, nor would he like the pounding from even a little chop on the water. He has asked me where he could fish off the bank and catch some fish. He would be fishing worms under a float and just wants to catch a fish or three. The ideal place wouldn't be too far from parking and would be flat / smooth enough that he and his wife could get to the water. I'm willing to take them and help them, I just don't know where to go. I've thought of the fishing pier at Harrison Bay or even the piers at Riverpark and that would work if it is the best choice. However I'd like for him to be closer to the water's surface. I would even take him to a pay to fish lake or pond to make sure he has a good time and catches fish. Also what is your opinion for the best time to fish from the bank right now. Morning, mid day, or right before dark? Thanks in advance for all the advice I'm sure I'll get.

GAwoolybugger

Have you though about the Soddy Lake fishing pier? its the one you see on your left if you're heading north and almost to the 111/27 split. Of course there's the pier, but the little park around the pier looks to be flat and easily accessible from the parking lot. Never fished there myself but have always though it looked like a nice spot. Never looks too busy either. I haven't been down to the Riverwalk this week, but the last time I was there (Tuesday last week) the water was moving so fast and at such a volume that I think bobber fishing would be next to impossible.

silverbullet

Why not take them to booker t there is a nice dock there plenty of places to fish off the bank also hope they have a great time catching fish

Aries 181

silverbullet - 10/19/2021 9:25 PM

Why not take them to booker t there is a nice dock there plenty of places to fish off the bank also hope they have a great time catching fish
I second Booker T as a great place for bank/dock fishing. There are always people fishing there when I'm trying to coax a decent brown fish off a certain point in that area.

Bill

ChooChooSnakeMan

Everyone, I really appreciate your input. I'll drive by both places and check them out. I really want this guy to have a good time. He is a very interesting man. He played college football for the Naval Academy in the middle 50's and then served our country in Vietnam. He is very humble and just a good guy. He came to me and told me he had been given a brand new fishing rod and reel but had never used it because he didn't know where to go. If you're reading this and have additional suggestions I'm open to them. Thanks again!

m17glock

the pond over at camp jordan would be a pretty good place for someone like that as well </p>

</p>

ChooChooSnakeMan

m17glock - 10/22/2021 11:22 PM

the pond over at camp jordan would be a pretty good place for someone like that as well </p>

</p>

Great suggestion that I hadn't thought of. I've never fished that pond. Anyone who has fished it recently who can give input I'd appreciate it. Do you catch many, what baits, any tips will help make a visit a success for a worthy gentleman.