Rains

JohnnyG

Has this week’s rains been extreme or mild down there? I know the weather reports for next week are good so I was wondering if the mats will be in decent condition in your opinion. My brother and I are coming down for the week for our yearly Fall visit, staying at Bluewater. I seem to time it wrong every year lol. Either too early or too late. I tried at November one year and the mats had been busted to hell already lol. I have to schedule so far out due to work that it handicaps an educated guess. I know the lake pretty well so would you say which mats north or south are better formed and are the main lake mats producing more than the slough and creek mats? That’s the only information I’d appreciate and need to put together a plan if you feel like sharing. Just so you know my brother and I always respect your fishery, catch, picture, and quick release - we use our livewells for storage. Love this lake and the area. Thanks.

The amount of rain this week depended on where you were at. Could be raining like heck in one spot and nothing a couple of miles up the road.

JohnnyG

Thanks. Yeah I kind of seen that on some of the weather reports. I tend to forget that happens on long lakes lol.

churly

Way more mats on the north end. and plenty of them, as the water drops they should get better. The fish were chomping while we had the rain last week and got tougher once the nice warm weather kicked in. Id say you should find plenty of what you are looking for close to blue water.