You are logged in as a guest. ( Logon | Register Now! )

Prescription sunglass advice?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1
   Fishing Fishing Discussion

Posted by Springmillvol
8/13/2021 3:37 PM
Does anyone have any insight on how to get the best deal on a pair of Costa’s. I’ve been looking and can’t seem to find much of a discount anywhere. Or, does anyone have some advice for less expensive but still dang good fishing glasses? Have a brand new prescription in hand and definitely need to replace my old ones. Thank you for your input.
Posted by dryhorn2
8/13/2021 6:43 PM
Walmart has some good Prescription Sunglasses. Ive bought two from them one amber and one gray color lens.
Posted by fischnrod
8/13/2021 7:04 PM
Solar Bat and Wal-Mart did carry them
Posted by Springmillvol
8/13/2021 8:07 PM
Thank you.
Posted by Rob Lee
8/14/2021 7:37 AM
My prescription sunglasses are Maui Jim’s. Been wearing them for 20 years. They are not cheap either.
Posted by rippinlips2win
8/16/2021 12:35 PM
Costa is the best...hands down. not cheap but you will get a great pair of glasses.
Posted by fischnrod
8/16/2021 12:58 PM
Springmillvol - 8/13/2021 4:37 PM

Does anyone have any insight on how to get the best deal on a pair of Costa’s. I’ve been looking and can’t seem to find much of a discount anywhere. Or, does anyone have some advice for less expensive but still dang good fishing glasses? Have a brand new prescription in hand and definitely need to replace my old ones. Thank you for your input.

The worst part for me were my prescription changed and the cost to renew
Posted by Springmillvol
8/16/2021 2:46 PM
I ended up ordering a pair of Costas from Glasses USA for $279 which includes a 1 yr enhanced warranty for $19, an $8 case and express shipping for $12. The price asked for the same glasses at Lenscrafters was $541. Looking forward to getting them and hope they last 20 yrs. Thank you guys for the feedback
Posted by Rob Lee
8/16/2021 6:07 PM
Springmillvol - 8/16/2021 2:46 PM

I ended up ordering a pair of Costas from Glasses USA for $279 which includes a 1 yr enhanced warranty for $19, an $8 case and express shipping for $12. The price asked for the same glasses at Lenscrafters was $541. Looking forward to getting them and hope they last 20 yrs. Thank you guys for the feedback

Is that with prescription lenses? Progressive lenses?
Posted by Springmillvol
8/16/2021 8:02 PM
They were prescriptions. One vision correction for nearsightedness.
Posted by TightlineT
9/13/2021 8:58 PM
I don't have any experience with prescription sunglasses, but I did have a new pair of Maui Jims given to me by someone who bought something else and a pair of the 580G Costas. Hands down I like the Costas better. Maui Jims rub my ears and head funny. Probably not a fair review of them because I didn't try them on since they were given to me. The lens in them are fine, but I think the Costas are at least as good. After several years of wear, nose piece fell off Costas. I sent them a pic of defect, they paid for shipping of old ones and the new ones came in mail today at no charge. I am pretty tickled. Didn't figure it would work out like that.....hope this helps some......Jim
Posted by silvertalon
9/15/2021 12:28 PM
Springmillvol - 8/13/2021 4:37 PM

Does anyone have any insight on how to get the best deal on a pair of Costa’s. I’ve been looking and can’t seem to find much of a discount anywhere. Or, does anyone have some advice for less expensive but still dang good fishing glasses? Have a brand new prescription in hand and definitely need to replace my old ones. Thank you for your input.[/QUOTE Try, Polar Optics "fit-overs". I have 2 pair. They are wrap-around (side window), that will slide right over your current prescription eyewear. Nice wind and lens protection. 6-8 model's to choose from. $30 at Wal Mart. There's no way I personally would spend 100's on custom prescription sunglasses. There's only a few companies that offer "fit-Over's". Thats why you rarely see them. Some Wal Mart stores have a better selection than others.
Spread the word

del.icio.us Digg Furl Reddit BB Google Ma.gnolia Netscape Simpy StumbleUpon Technorati Live Yahoo!

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Advertiser

Advertiser

CFF Calendar
October 2021
SMTWTFS
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Upcoming events (next 2 weeks)

Advertiser

Random Photo

Album: Fishing

(Delete all cookies set by this site)

Copyright © 1996-2021 All rights reserved.
Duplication in whole or in part of this Web site without express written consent is prohibited.
CFF Privacy Policy

Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2021 PD9 Software