Active target?

Mudman

I am on the list to get a Active target, but I have to upgrade my unit. My question is to those that already have AT will a 9 inch HDS live work well with it or would u guy recommend going with a 12 inch? I have a 9 inch HDS touch that I am going to leave up front to use for sonar and maps and the new unit only for AT. Anyone running it on a 9 inch? Would u invest another $1000 to get a 12? Thanks for input

churly

The acive target will run on the Carbon systems. I installed my active target with an Carbon 12 a few weeks ago. The carbon 12s are currently on sale for $1499, which is half the price of a new 12 live. not sure about the 9" screen, but i can say I have no trouble seeing the 12"

Mudman

Do you run one unit on the bow and split screen AT, map and sonar? If so how does it do with that ? Or do u have a extra unit at bow for mapping and sonar?

rodman55

I too had the live 9" i upgraded to live 12" I am old, but now see more detail.Yes its worth the money to upgrade to the 12" live or carbon 12.

churly

I Have my old unit (Gen3) up front for Map and 2D sonar. Mounted above it on a bass boat technologies mount, I have My 12" carbon and have only been using it for my Active target view. I could use the 12", to split screens or whatever but I have enjoyed having all 12" to view the active target. all networked together no problem