At long last... Tennessee

fred krause

Hi all. Retired in January. Moved to TN in February from Illinois. Had temp. rentals near Scottsboro, AL Feb, March and April. Finally got into our house in Jasper, TN a couple of weeks ago.
Shore fished Lake Guntersville while I was down there. Now looking for shore fishing close to me- Nickajack or northern Guntersville.
Hope to begin looking for a boat in fall.
Great to be here. Any guidance on locations to shore fish near me would be appreciated.
Thanks!

Pop-R

welcome, years ago I got in a lot of shore time on the lower end of Nick at the dam and MC park. Caught a bunch back in the day.

Aries 181

Right before the dam is Shellmound rec area that has a good bit of shoreline to walk and then the dam area with the large pond below the dam itself.

Bill

fred krause

Hi again. Does anybody have some recommendations on guides? Chicamauga, Nickajack or Guntersville? Been bank fishing but would love to get out in a boat sometime (hope to purchase one of my own in fall.... maybe).

rsimms

fred krause - 5/24/2021 12:18 PM

Hi again. Does anybody have some recommendations on guides? Chicamauga, Nickajack or Guntersville? Been bank fishing but would love to get out in a boat sometime (hope to purchase one of my own in fall.... maybe).

I hope you'll check us out at www.ScenicCityFishing.com Our bass guides fish Chickamauga however, not Nickajack (except during the cold weather smallmouth bite). Please plan ahead. Like most guides in the area, our guides routinely stay booked one-to-two months in advance. Thanks!

And "Welcome to Tennessee!"

WaterChap

Our family booked multiple guides with Capt Simms and had a great time. Highly recommended. Richard is a great guy and an institution in the fishing community.