Watts Bar

cmiller

What is the bass fishing like at Watts Bar? Never been. Thinking about trying it.

jcodylew

join the club... I think ALOT of people are bailing on the Chick... I haven't been to WB yet but from what I've read and heard from friends that fish it regularly, it not bad at all! Don't go expecting to catch a 25 pound sack but its nothing to turn your nose up at

BulletTJ

If you are talking bass, it has more smallmouth than the Chick. The largemouth are smaller but there are a lot of them. I am not saying you can't catch a big fish, there just seems to be fewer big fish. The lake has everything you need to fish. It has some grass in places, plenty of rocks, and stumps. You can fish shallow or deep. The water clarity is in line with the Chick. Pay attention to your GPS and depth finder. Some rock points run out further than you would think. It is nowhere near as crowded as Chickamauga. It is worth the drive. I hope to be there this coming Saturday. emoParty

BulletTJ

The closest ramp is at the Dam. Then there is Sandy Bottoms Camp Ground ramp, Hornsby Hollow Camp Ground ramp, and there is a ramp at Blue Springs Marina. It just depends on what part of the lake you want to fish. The fastest way to get there from Cleveland or Chattanooga if you live near I-75 is to go up the interstate and get off at the Mt. Verd Road Exit. It is north of Athens. Cross over the interstate, stay on that road until it intersects with Hwy 68. Do not speed on this road. Hwy 68 will take you straight to the Dam. Hope this helps.