Ranger Z519L performance

I have a new Z519L with Atlas hydr jackplate and fourstroke 225 ProXs with 23p fury prop. I recently had a 2012 519 with 225 ProXs two stroke that would out perform my new boat hands down. My 2012 519 would jump out of the hole and be at 70mph in no time. My new 519L with 225 fourstroke is slow out of the hole and terrible on top end speed at maybe 65mph and takes half a day to get there. Does anyone have any idea what I could do differently to increase performance? I would love to hear from someone with a 519L with fourstroke ProXs 225 to see how theirs runs compared to mine. Thanks for any feedback!
emoBang emoBang emoBang

churly

I dont have that boat, but that prop sounds small for that rig. Im thinking a 24 or 25p prop....

jbh3

What RPM's are you turning? Have a foot throttle? Wide open throttle needs to be confirmed with the proper diagnostic tool at a good Merc shop. A lot of the new 4 stroke Merc's are leaving the dealer without this being done. The 23p Fury is probably going to be fine. The new V8's like to turn more RPM's than the Opti's.

jbh3

Removing one or more PVS plugs from your prop may help with dialing in a better hole shot. Other than that, I can only suggest you get with your dealer/shop and confirm that the engine is performing as it should. Best of luck.

jbh3

silverbullet - 4/23/2021 9:11 PM

U should take it to bunch marine ,they will take it to river down the street from their shop

I'll second that nomination. They are a first class operation all the way around.

silvertalon

ranger518vx - 4/19/2021 4:06 PM

I have a new Z519L with Atlas hydr jackplate and fourstroke 225 ProXs with 23p fury prop. I recently had a 2012 519 with 225 ProXs two stroke that would out perform my new boat hands down. My 2012 519 would jump out of the hole and be at 70mph in no time. My new 519L with 225 fourstroke is slow out of the hole and terrible on top end speed at maybe 65mph and takes half a day to get there. Does anyone have any idea what I could do differently to increase performance? I would love to hear from someone with a 519L with fourstroke ProXs 225 to see how theirs runs compared to mine. Thanks for any feedback!
emoBang emoBang emoBang
The Fury works best on a heavy 21' rigs and is not designed for a 19' boat. You should be running a 25" Tempest Plus with two vent plugs removed. 10 PSI min water pressure at W.O.T. Once you are at 10 psi, leave the jack plate there for general set-up. I'd contact Ranger Tech services to get the best info for your rig. Otherwise, I'd only be talking a Ranger Dealer. IMO