Prescription Sunglasses for fishing

Hey guys. My old middle of the road prescription sunglasses have about had it. I will say that I have thoroughly enjoyed them over the years. I also need a pair of regular glasses as my prescription needs updated. Thoughts on the best way to get into a really good pair of polarized glasses. Considering Maui Jim, Costa, etc that have a good reputation.

jcodylew

I have a pair of Oakley prescription glasses... honestly im not that impressed with them especially for the price. I have heard good things about the Costas but have not sprung for any yet. If contacts are an option for you, you may be better off/come out cheaper to go that route and just wear regular costas

FishingwithRusty

if youre a veteran come see us, we'll get you taken care of ;)

FishingwithRusty

actually you dont have to be a veteran to order glasses from our optical shop and i assure you VERY few places can beat the prices

1208 Pointe Centre Dr Suite 100 Chattanooga

jighead

I've had several over the years and learned a few things.
I would suggest Costa 580G they are glass so they are a little heavier but you'll get used to them and the mirror coating is made inside the lens so it won't erode like some other high end glasses.

Rob Lee

FishingwithRusty - 4/6/2021 12:32 PM

if youre a veteran come see us, we'll get you taken care of ;)

To whom are you referring to when you stated "us". I'm a veteran, however; it is my understanding one must meet certain criteria before the VA will pay for prescription glasses. I do not believe I personally qualify for cost free prescription eye wear from the VA. Would you mind explaining? Thanks for any help.

FishingwithRusty

by "us" i mean we here at the VA, i work at the VA eye clinic and im also a veteran.

anyone can bring their prescription to the VA optical shop and buy glasses, our optical shop does not have the mark up that many optical shops do. and carries these brands: rayban, silhouette, stetson, haggar, rio ray, shaq

veterans who have their exams through community care or here at the VA clinic get their glasses free. If youre a veteran and have a 50% or more service connected rating you can get your glasses for free regardless of where the prescription comes from.