Minn Kota Ultrex @ shut-up-and-fish

Get ya some.....We have all Models available...

These won't last so let me know what we can assist you with....

WaterChap

As a noob to the board, I’m not entirely sure what this post means. Are you a marine equipment dealer? What’s the deal with an “Ultrex”? I have an Edge 70.

porthos33

<div>
</div><div>Yeah he is a sponsor out of texas. Your edge 70 is a 5 speed. The Ultrex is variable speed which means there isn't a big gap between speeds 4 and 5 so you can dial it in exactly the speed you need. The ultrex also is the first motor to use power steering, so it turns with a motor which makes it effortless to use.</div><div></div><div></div><div>It will link to your humminbird unit and you can press a button called spot lock and it will hold you like an anchor would.</div><div>It has i pilot so you can create routes or follow contours without having to stand on the foot pedal. It has lift assist which makes it easier on your back to stow and deploy. The transducer is built in so you won't have to run a wire down the shaft. </div><div></div><div>It has the Digital Maximizer which Provides up to 5 times longer run time on a single battery charge. It has the Mobile App Compatibility: Control i-Pilot directly from your Apple or Android device with your mobile app.</div>

You get quick command of speed, steering, Spot-Lock and Advanced AutoPilot — plus the ability to update i-Pilot software. </p>

So basically it is the greatest trolling motor ever made!</p>

To add/clarify to the above note. The add is sharing with the members of this forum that we have the Minn Kota Ultrex available. Those that are interested or in the market can request a quote for a specific model.

"i-Pilot and i-Pilot Link"

As porthoss33 has elaborated on the specifics of the Ultrex system the i-pilot is the spot lock "anchor" as some call it. The i-Pilot does not link to a graph to have the anchor feature.
i-Pilot Link has the same spot lock "anchor" and has two more features such as Go-To feature and Follow the Contour feature via a LakeMaster Charts card and a compatible Humminbird graph.

WaterChap

I’m thinking this’ll run a little more than my Edge... I think this is what I saw on a show where a pro launched his boat, came around to the dock, sent his boat out a ways with his phone, parked his truck and called his boat back.

porthos33

WaterChap - 6/21/2018 11:26 AM I’m thinking this’ll run a little more than my Edge... I think this is what I saw on a show where a pro launched his boat, came around to the dock, sent his boat out a ways with his phone, parked his truck and called his boat back.
You are close, but what you are thinking of is the ulterra. The ulterra will deploy and stow its self automatically. The biggest difference between the ultrex and the ulterra is that the ultrex still gives you that perfect feel in the steering since it is<span style="color: #333333; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; background-color: #e8e8e8">cable with electric assist instead of all electric steering. The Ulterra shines for guys with a bad back that don't want to touch that trolling motor. Each motor is great. For me personally, I'd take the ultrex all day over the ulterra. Ask me in 40 years and I'll probably change my mind and would want the ulterra.</span>

WaterChap

Thanks for the explanation! I appreciate your patience with the resident ignoramus.

WaterChap - 6/22/2018 7:32 AM

Thanks for the explanation! I appreciate your patience with the resident ignoramus.

You are welcome Chap