Lake Cherokee Lake Help

usaswim1

I am going up there fishing with my old man in 2 weeks (May 7th), any advice for that lake. Never been up there before, but we want to try out a new body of water. Thank you!

JohnnyG

I always fish rocky points, humps and walls there with squarebills 3-6ft, Spros 7-9ft, Zman magz 7inch watermelon red or Canada craw worms on shakey head. I have most success fishing anything rock related just below 25E bridge but not too far past Sheltons Shoals. The better fish during mid-day seem to come from 10-25ft deep. If you’re cranking, be sure to come off the rocks so make sure your cranks are floating and not suspending cranks - I’ve left plenty of them out there before I learned that lesson lol. Good luck.

churly

fish should be in spawn mode. rocky clear water will have them doing it deeper than on lowland impoundments.

Thomn8r

Used to do well on points with a crawfish model 3a. Watch our depth finder when running, there’s rock everywhere. Oh, as a dad of several years,I appreciate my kids respect of not being referred to as their “old man” in any manner. Just saying.

swamp

If your looking for rockfish,find schools of bait on your lo k tor and troll chart or white jig about 20 to 30 ft deep

usaswim1

Thomn8r - 4/26/2018 7:01 PM

Used to do well on points with a crawfish model 3a. Watch our depth finder when running, there’s rock everywhere. Oh, as a dad of several years,I appreciate my kids respect of not being referred to as their “old man” in any manner. Just saying.

My old man called his dad old man as well. family tradition. It is a sign of respect, not of disrespect in my opinion (or at least in my family). Just saying. Thanks for the input about the lake though, appreciate it.

Blazer09

Sometimes people's opinion is best left un said world would be a lot better off good luck with your old man hope y'all load the boat

usaswim1

Blazer09 - 4/26/2018 10:42 PM

Sometimes people's opinion is best left un said world would be a lot better off good luck with your old man hope y'all load the boat

thank you, we hope to.

Thomn8r

Every family’s different and I should have appreciated that first and foremost. My opinion and $1.50 might get me a cup of coffee. That being said, if the lake is up enough, try swimming a weightless lizard thru the weeds. Good luck to you and your dad.

usaswim1

Thomn8r - 4/27/2018 8:36 AM

Every family’s different and I should have appreciated that first and foremost. My opinion and $1.50 might get me a cup of coffee. That being said, if the lake is up enough, try swimming a weightless lizard thru the weeds. Good luck to you and your dad.

thank you, my goal is to not run aground on the sunken islands I have heard about, anything else is just a bonus. won't get fishing with your dad days back.. gotta enjoy them while you can.

usaswim1

rowdy - 4/27/2018 2:13 PM

I wish mine was still around to go with i miss them good days but he is in a better place now

I am sure there are good lakes in heaven. I sure hope there is.