Transom Replacement

Mielke

Anybody have any recommendations around the Chatt area? My Blazer needs a new transom, got a quote from Kevin Bryant Smoky Mountain Boat Repair, looking for other possibilities. Note, the cap DOES NOT have to split to get to this one, just cut out and glassed back. I hit a log and it delaminated the top cap from the bottom at the transom and it filled the transom cavity with water when I sat the boat down off of plane. Unfortunately I did not find this till the next time I went fishing. emoBang

M GO BLUE

OUCH.

Replacing a transom with rot is one thing, but 'impact' is another altogether.

Did it damage the glass on the the stern? Any severe cracks on or in between the sponsons?

Mielke

No glass damage, the impact was in January and I found it last week after going fishing for the first time since then. just the top and bottom cap epoxy cracked and seperated and exposed a gap into the transom cavity, which got water in it that has sat for 4 months until I found it last week. So it is a total transom replacement. I did damage a prop in the process. Im sure it will be a fight with insuraunce over this one.

porthos33

Dang bro that sux!! I'm in the same boat but mine is more of a rot situation(bad design). Not sure what I'm going to do but I think I may just do it myself . Not sure if I want to take the cap off and do the floor and stringers or just cut out the transom. Sucks to be in that situation.

churly

Give Justin Sneed at S&S refinishing a call. he is doing fiberglass/ gelcoat repair on my Ranger now. 423.316.3643