Lake Level Predictions, Caution?

silvertalon

TVA Forecast for midnite 2/23 - down to 675.47. Last year extreme low was 675.63. Watch those back axles launching and loading!

hoop235

Thanks for the heads up. I guess that's why they're drawing down so much is because of the rain?
You would think they would being holding the water since it's flooding on the Mississippi righ now.

Tight_Lines

any info on when they will be closing gates for tailwaters at Chicamauga dam?? as of this morning still looked pretty much wide open

Guys I talked to a TVA employee this morning at the Boat ramp at Chester Frost ,that I Know he’s a forester with TVA and was waiting on another TVA employee to pick him up to do a tree Survey on a piece of land that they own the biologists and the water control young Man that was with them stated that TVA has plains tonight to drop the water level to a all time low and the ramp at Chester Frost this morning was already lower than I’ve seen their in a long time and I Fish their often I was told bye another fisherman that had witness a wrecker having to pull a truck and boat up the ramp because his trailer went off the end of the ramp so I just wanted to let everyone know that’s fishing the CBA tomorrow to be real careful loading and unloading your boats be safe guys

porthos33

Thats pretty awesome! Yeah I remember in 2014 it got down to 675.3. I watched quite a few boats today run up on flats with rocks! Then when the embarrassment kicks in they usually just make it worse!

fishnboy

Great info. Thanks for update. So with that being said it’s a great time to make some notes of spots that will be showing brush, rocks etc I’m going to be taking pics and making notes on my graph.

Smalliefan2

The right hand side is closed at CFP. There are barrels and caution tape, because of the low water, and a trailer going off the ramp. The middle and left lanes are open. though the middle you can drop off the ramp also.

silvertalon

hoop235 - 2/22/2018 8:59 AM

Thanks for the heads up. I guess that's why they're drawing down so much is because of the rain?
You would think they would being holding the water since it's flooding on the Mississippi righ now.

"They", is a computer, lol