Other good lakes?

Ok so I am really wanting to try another lake, other than Chick, Nick and Guntersville.. What lake within a 2-4 drive from Harrison would you all recommend?? I really want to try a different lake just to see..

fischnrod

I always wanted to fish Old Hickory but don't have a clue how good it is. I fished non boater in BFL 1 year and I like Neely Henry and Wheeler lakes but I had a boater in those that knew the way around.

JEEPnFISH

Guys with more knowledge than me can weigh in on Parksville. I think it has decent smallies and spots. Itsdeep and clear when I went.

FishingwithRusty

all the TN river lakes are going to be alike. Center Hill was kind of cool the couple of times i fished it(i caught big smallies, lm and spots), percy priest is ok, i was never really WOW'ed by it. might be further than you want to go but the coosa river and the MEAN coosa river spots are calling my name. ive never been but everyone ive ever talked to says the coosa river strain are meaner and fight harder than smallies.

You could try Chatuge near Hayesville, NC. About 2 hrs away probably catch 8 spots to every LM though. Some friends of mine just finished up 3 days there and only had luck with schoolers though. One was a nice 4 lb spot .

derek81

FishingwithRusty - 10/20/2017 10:34 AM

all the TN river lakes are going to be alike. Center Hill was kind of cool the couple of times i fished it(i caught big smallies, lm and spots), percy priest is ok, i was never really WOW'ed by it. might be further than you want to go but the coosa river and the MEAN coosa river spots are calling my name. ive never been but everyone ive ever talked to says the coosa river strain are meaner and fight harder than smallies.

Weiss lake is a fun lake to fish when they bite is good, I have only been to Neely Henry once but would love to go back. A lot less boat traffic and the fishing can be great, especially Weiss

Smalliefan2

Try Watts Bar, just up the road. Dale Hollow when it gets colder. Center Hill, half the distance from Dale Hollow.

VolsFan24

Every winter I go up to Norris Lake (a little past Knoxville) a couple times and chase smallmouth and stripers. I've had epic days in the past, numbers and size wise, but last year was not very good for me. I love it over there because the scenery is beautiful. No houses on the water, a lot of cool rock formations, not a lot of boat traffic. I've caught a couple 5 lbs Lm in there, but I'm not really targeting them so I'm not 100% sure on how the LM bite is there. But I have had trouble a couple times there where I'm chasing the birds and fishing the schools, and another boat starts to fish the same school. Super polite both times, but not a boat in sight and they came within 50 yards and started casting before starting up a nice conversation.

Weiss is a great lake, and as the weather cools the bite will get better. But fall drawdown is in full bore on Weiss right now and that lake can be dangerous at full pool and at 2.5 feet low it is a tough lake to learn to run. The good part is you will have little boat traffic, (unless it is a weekend day, tournaments), and you have a chance to catch a 5 plus spot or largemouth on just about any cast. Water is cooling down now and the fish are getting more active. This has been a tough year for me on Weiss, but still love the lake, and nothing like pitching under a boatdock and hooking a big spot or largemouth and then trying to pull it out past 4 dock pilings, a brushpile and a rope someone left in the water.

porthos33

JEEPnFISH - 10/20/2017 11:33 AM Guys with more knowledge than me can weigh in on Parksville. I think it has decent smallies and spots. Itsdeep and clear when I went.
</p>

Parksville is great and can be awesome for topwater in the fall. It's not much of a smallmouth lake so if you catch one you have really done something! It does have some largemouth but is dominated by the alabama spotted bass and they are mean fish! Tims ford is a fun lake for smallmouth.</p>

Blue76

I like to go to Parksville but the lake has not been kind to me... I have yet to catch anything more than dinks in that lake. There are some big LMs in there... This past spring I was over there and saw a huge LM on the bed... looked 8 plus.

The idea of a 5lb spot keeps me going back and trying.

I fished Carters a ton years ago... very frustrating lake... it takes a special kind of fisherman to make cast to fish 50 foot deep... Not sure I have the patients for that.

bronzeback45

Logan martin is a cool place to fish, we had our classic down there last weekend and had a blast. Lots of creeks, docks, rocks, cuts, points, and I even found grass on the last day. We stayed at lake front motel. Here is a link, http://www.loganmartin.info/pages/Lake-Front-Motel/</p>

Mt first 2 keepers in the tourney was caught on a 1.5 square bill, both coosa spots, which was a first for me "close to 4 lbs between the 2 of them". Heard there is good crappie there too, as well! Wished I had more time down there and would love to fish that one at night.</p>

jsb

There is so many in that drive range and so little time. Dale Hollow for smallies towards the end of December, January, February and March but it can be a humbling lake. Ky Lake but it's pushing your drive limit. It is one of my favorite lakes. You also have Weiss, Neeley Henry, Wilson and Pickwick and all are good lakes. There is also some good lakes to the east if you don't mind deep clear lakes like Cherokee, Blue Ridge and others. Good luck picking one. Just go fish them all.

jsb

There is so many in that drive range and so little time. Dale Hollow for smallies towards the end of December, January, February and March but it can be a humbling lake. Ky Lake but it's pushing your drive limit. It is one of my favorite lakes. You also have Weiss, Neeley Henry, Wilson and Pickwick and all are good lakes. There is also some good lakes to the east if you don't mind deep clear lakes like Cherokee, Blue Ridge and others. Good luck picking one. Just go fish them all.