Freezer meat!

Jmax

Can't let Churly have all the fun. ;) You can kill four doe and two bucks in AR but some old die hards like myself still struggle to down a doe. I know we should thin the herd but for me pulling the trigger on a doe has always been the thought of a big buck might be following. emoBang AR has got smarter since I lived here before. They now have a private land doe only hunt. emoThumbsup I decided today to take me a little doe hunt. Got in the stand at 6:30 a.m.. first light was at 6:45 but I could not have seen a deer well enough to tell if it had horns until about 7:15. At 7:45 I saw some movement off to my left and realized it was a deer's ear twitching. Got the gun up just as she stepped out to where I could see her well. Nice size doe for AR, did not see any young'un so I put the hammer down on her about 75 yards out thru the woods. She spun, leaped about 15 yards and crashed down dead. First freezer meat for 2017. emoHungry Decided since I had a buddy with me to stay put and just watch. Saw three more, two I never saw their heads but one other stopped full broad side and looked my way. Another nice doe, I just did not want to clean two the same morning so she got a pass. Blessed, that is all I can think of to say. emoAngel Jmax

Next weekend the regular black powder season for AR begins, maybe I can see a good buck this time. emoTongue Got a couple good buck pictures, hope one of these walk by me. The pictures were taken where I will be hunting. emoToast Jmax

Attachments

• Picture1016171839_1.jpg
    Picture1016171839_1.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 312
  • IMG951813.jpg
    IMG951813.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 311
  • IMG951811 (Copy).jpg
    IMG951811 (Copy).jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 310

churly

congrats, that will eat!