Nickajack froggin

kevo615

I'm coming down Saturday to do some frogging and flippin. Going to put in at the park by the I-24 bridge. Is that a good area for frogging? I saw some grass around that area, when I drove to ATL 2 weeks ago. Should I go somewhere else? I just chose that ramp because its closest to Nashville.

Aries 181

kevo615 - 9/20/2017 1:10 PM

burnett1988 - 9/20/2017 12:04 PM

Big High school tournament out of the Shellmound ramp saturday.

Sorry, I've only been there once, years ago. Is that where I'm going?
No, you're putting in at Marion County Park. Shellmound is 2 miles down stream right before the dam. there are mats below the 24 bridge along the east bound 24 lanes and around the small islands and along the old railroad bed, ie, between the row of rock piles on the left heading to the dam. If you head upstream, there are mats on both sides of the river above the old hales Bar dam powerhouse.

Enjoy,
Bill

kevo615

Aries 181 - 9/20/2017 1:05 PM

kevo615 - 9/20/2017 1:10 PM

burnett1988 - 9/20/2017 12:04 PM

Big High school tournament out of the Shellmound ramp saturday.

Sorry, I've only been there once, years ago. Is that where I'm going?
No, you're putting in at Marion County Park. Shellmound is 2 miles down stream right before the dam. there are mats below the 24 bridge along the east bound 24 lanes and around the small islands and along the old railroad bed, ie, between the row of rock piles on the left heading to the dam. If you head upstream, there are mats on both sides of the river above the old hales Bar dam powerhouse.

Enjoy,
Bill

Oh Ok, that's the ramp I used when I fished there last. Maybe I will hold off a week or two. It Figures, I chose Nick because it never looks crowded when I drive by and there would be a big tourney that day.

fishinvol

Better frog fishing mats seem to be towards Sullivan's ramp . Everything I came across down river wasn't ready yet .

Triton20xHarris

fishinvol - 9/20/2017 7:14 PM

Better frog fishing mats seem to be towards Sullivan's ramp . Everything I came across down river wasn't ready yet .

100% accurate everything I found below the 24 bridge wasn't quite right yet