New Vegitation

silvertalon

What is the new grass/vegitation called, that is springing up in the shallows now? I call it willow grass because it has little willow shaped pettles on it but I just don't know the proper name for it. Anyone know?

porthos33

I've actually been finding some milfoil in some areas near the lower end and I had never seen or noticed it before

Tight_Lines

The Term i have heard and been using is Hydrilla. though good for fishing, that stuff is nasty if it gets hung up in your out drive. best way i found to fix that is to put boat in reverse to blow it out. wait till August and Hotter months and you will not even be able to get back to the shallows!! it can actually grow in excess of 20 feet of water!!

BulletTJ

gman0804 - 5/23/2017 11:46 AM

Laughing at your comment BulletTJ.

Well the way I see it, we should all be complaining about the lack of grass in the lake. That way TVA won't notice the grass we have left. emoBang emoLaugh

churly

Hydrilla and milfoil are two different plants. Both are non native and evasive 90% of whats growing in chick is hydrilla.

G

What are you people talking about there's no grass on the chick. lol

stockcarm14

there is way less grass this year then in previous I don't know if the flood washed alot of it away or what but lots of places that are usually hitting the surface by now have no grass at all

fishinvol

stockcarm14 - 5/24/2017 11:48 AM there is way less grass this year then in previous I don't know if the flood washed alot of it away or what but lots of places that are usually hitting the surface by now have no grass at all
</p>

Definitely plenty of grass . The hydrilla is a bit behind because of the high water and heavy current but it will catch right back up .</p>

wormman

I sowed 120 lbs of winter rye grass back November and I have had to mow the yard every 4 days . Thinking about calling TVA and giving them my address. LOL

wormman

I sowed 120 lbs of winter rye grass back November and I have had to mow the yard every 4 days . Thinking about calling TVA and giving them my address. LOL

riverrat1081

Tva dropped the water down and their is a boat spraying the water to kill the grass. I have a dock and I had grass up around the dock but not any more.

silvertalon

There will b plenty of areas on the lake with grass. the sparse grass thats left over in a spray area can hold lots of good fish!