shakey head jig

danrnsmyth

I wondered if there is a preferred specific size or shape shakey head jig as I have some that are football shaped, some round, and some at flat on the bottom. I would imagine that with all jigs sometimes they stand up and sometime they don't according to the bottom slope and composition. But wondered if anyone had a favorite

dlsmith6

what is the best color I have some of the finesse worms in blue and whit and green pumpkin. I have never caught a fish on a shaky head. what is the trick. I hear lots of folks use them on rocks.

Jmax

Mr. Cheap Butt is here. ;) Guys I don't use the expensive stuff. I buy homemade heads either from Soddy Tackle or Fish Tales in Cleveland. Both places make them and Fish Tales is the cheapest. I use the 3/16th heads with a magnum Trick worm on the Chick. Sometimes on the Nick I downsize my worm to either a small trick worm or a small seven inch curl tail worm. Any colors will work as long as it is some kind of green. emoTongue On the Nick reds and june bug will also work. At night I use black. Grass, rocks and wood is what I look for, just about any kind of structure but that is not to say just plan ol' shell beds won't work either. emoThumbsup Hope that helps. emoToast Jmax

silvertalon

You can get the Arkie pivot heads at Walmart. They also have the Luck E Strike heads with the black hooks that are strong. I don't trust the light gold wire hooks as big fish will straighten them out. I also like a 5" robo worm when they won't bite a bigger worm.

porthos33

Just what jmax said.
The magnum finesse cast a mile on a spinning rod, just like the the magnum trick worm casts a mile on a bait caster. Also the 10.5 and the 12 inch ole monsters are great too. We caught all our fish last night on these baits and were using 7/16th heads. Seems the heavier heads have been catching our better fish for sure and in shallow water! Throw it everywhere you throw a texas rig or anything basically. I have had luck on just about Every color! Plums,purples,blacks,greens,junebug,redbug are the best. I love mixing my worm colors together and it creates even better colors! They look just like those nasty lampreys that are always eating on our bass!

TNTall

What depths do yall use the shakey at? I don't hear about them being used on ledges, but above 10' most of the lake is too grassy to work em through.

Hook1

I've used up to 3/4 ounce heads with a 5/0 wide gap hook. Stick a big 10-12" worm on it either curly tail or straight tail it doesn't seem to matter.

I use big Bite baits 3/16 head and I also prefer magnum trick worm in a green and I catch fish in all depths my pb was at night on a black one 10lb even