New Braves Home - Anyone Been? How's Traffic?

whitakermk

Trying to plan a visit down to see the Brave at the new stadium. Anyone been that can offer some insight on parking, traffic in and out?

Also, Go Lookouts! The best ticket in town!

WaterLife

I went down on Monday. The stadium was only half capacity, but the traffic was not bad at all. I can't help much with parking though since I already had a parking pass before going down there. If you can get a pass, lot 29 is very easy in and out. Just get off at Windy Hill exit and go straight through the intersection and the lot is on the left at the bottom of the hill. About a 5-10 minute walk to the stadium. Getting out is just the reverse and traffic flowed pretty well getting back on at Windy Hill.

SlabDog

I love baseball and used to go to Turner Field quite a bit about 15 years ago. I got so tired of the crap I just quit going. I'm very glad they moved the stadium to the North side!! I plan on going down several times this summer. The wife has issues walking however, so I'll have to do some checking first.

whitakermk

Thanks for the info - looking forward to getting down there. Also am planning a trip to the Rome Braves - have not been down there yet but hear its pretty nice.

I live in Rome and can walk to the games here. The stadium is nice, easy to get in and out of as well. But be prepared for some killer humidity it is right on the river and can feel like a large steam bath sometimes. Also, when you get your tickets, try to get on the third base side, it has more shade than the first base side does.