Face to face with a big bobcat.

silvertalon

Thats intense! Super fast! Sightings are indeed rare- during the day. I once saw a huge one in the Ozarks, Table Rock Lake- at the entrance to an Army Corp Park. The marina where I worked- I was driving out and while approaching the guard shack it just trotted accross the road and into the wood. The lady attendant wittnessed it too. It was the colorful spotted kind. Rare. I spoke with a MO Dept of Conservation officer about it and he insisted "there are no cats in this area of the Ozarks". Basically called us liars, lol. It was probably the most beautiful animal I've ever seen. Huge too with mits the size of my hands and shoulders at least 2 ft over the ground. I lived on 40 acres about a mile from there (next to the lake on a hill). I seen lots of cat tracks dried in the mud near the house- over the years. They're out there!

Blue76

My brother has a full body lynx mounted that was shot while deer hunting in central ga. It came up in the tree stand with him... he had no idea it was around until it was in his face. He yelled and startled it and it jumped to another tree. He then shot it.. I have seen bobcats but my brothers Lynx is twice the size of a bobcat. I bet my brother probably needed a trip to the outhouse after.

Greg

procraft

for many years the wildlife people would tell u their is no mountain lions in jackson county Alabama and also wolves yet people have seen them and some have even took pictures i think they have to be so many in an area for the wildlife people to say or admit that they r hear and live in the area and are not just passing through but that is just my 2 cents

whitakermk

I've seen a few bobcats over the years - probably mostly while driving. Most were seen as I was driving along old Hwy 41 below Mtn Eagle. between the mtn and towards M'Boro when I was at MTSU back in the 80's.

Pop-R

I was fishing Nickajack below Sullivan's with two friends and saw two sunning on the rocks next to the river about 12 years ago. We went over trying to get a pic and they got up and left. The flip phone didn't have zoom. Heck today we could have made a movie from the other side. Times sure change.