Lakemaster vs navionics+

Flipman93

Just got my first newer style gps (helix 7 SI gps) wanting to know your guys opinions on the laskemaster by hummingbird cards and the navionics + cards. Pros cons reasons you like one over the other and which one would be a better investment and the ease of use is a big factor. Thanks

FishingwithRusty

the lake level offset and depth highlighting on lakemaster has proven invaluable to me!

fishinvol

It's not a comparison . Lakemaster let's you highlight the depth range you want to fish, shows you where the shallow water is and the lake level offset fantastic for fishing lakes they drop the water in the winter.

thegman

I have Lakemaster and Navionics Premium. The Lakemaster has much better detail and is more accurate than my Navionics on TN River lakes.

Flipman93

Ok. I'm just trying to decide before I spend money which is better bang for my buck. Can someone explain the water level offset? I've heard mention of it. It not sure I fully understand the concept or the application

hindslg

Lakemaster and you shouldn't even compare them to the Navionics +. I have lowrance now and the one thing I miss is the lakemaster maps.

TOPWATER23

Water level offset let's you adjust your GPS to winter level if you don't off set it it will show 5ft of water and it will be dry land in the winter lakemaster is the best thing since sliced bread in my opinion

I haven't used the Lakemaster and certainly don't want to seem argumentative but I can do the exact same thing as far as shading any depth I want on my Navionics. I can shade it, put red danger x's or anything I want to do. I have a the newest version or navionics platimnum or + or whatever their best one is.

Oldman

one is made in mexico and the other in the USA .lakemaster is the best hands down.

Jig-Junky

I started out with Navionics and had trouble with them. THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE IS AWEFUL ! ! !

Went to Lakemaster and never had a problem.

Mudman

I think the lake master will only work in birds. Navionics is only good for Lowrance from what I have been told. I have Navionics +in my hds and it will shade water levels contours a little darker blue but lakemaster will shade the different Contour levels any color u want from what I have seen and heard.

silvertalon

Jig-Junky - 4/17/2017 12:23 PM

I started out with Navionics and had trouble with them. THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE IS AWEFUL ! ! !

Went to Lakemaster and never had a problem.

I've had exactly the opposite experience with Navionics. Always great tech support and never a problem with performance- using Lowrance HDS units...

Davo

Lakemaster is the only reason I went with Humminbird. Yes, the color shading is awesome, but I really love the water level offset.