New to Chattanooga and fishing Tennessee river

DonMojito

Hi anglers,

I moved to Chattanooga last year and started fishing Hiwasee and lake Junior for trout and did some fishing below the dam.
As we have the river right here i am looking for someone who can introduce me to fishing lake Chick and up and down the river.
I am fishing for almost 15 years but never really had the chance to fish in the US.

So if you are willing to give me some help or just enjoy someone to fish with shoot me a message.
I can do weekdays afternoon arround 5 or weekends pretty regularly.

Hope to read you soon
Don

Mr. S

emoWelcome Don. Glad to have you.

whitakermk

Hi Don, I'm in between bass boats right now, due to some repairs the unique fixer upper house boat needed, or I'd pick you up for some fishing. But, since selling may bass boat last year my son and I have walked miles around the shorelines near Soddy, Chick creek in East Ridge, River Park near Naval Training Center etc and caught plenty of fish! Welcome to the area - see ya on the water... or the bank!

DonMojito

Hey guys,

thanks for the welcome :)

I managed to do some fishing from shores and that worked pretty good. Fishing light tackle with natural bait is always reliable fun. Not targeting any specific fish i was never disappointed.
Finally i want to try artificial lures so i got a Baitcaster.....men thats like learning to walk again.
So far i can get the bait in the direction i want it to go but still struggle with greater distances.
No one was hurt while trying so that is the biggest achievement so far.

If you have any hints where and what baits to try for first experiences that will help for sure. I allready have a good variety of jigs, crankbaits, spinners and some plastic lures like worms, crabs from sales i passed by.
Does it really need a boat to get the most out of this? I think about getting a Kayak as it includes some decent workout with the fun of fishing.

Just some thoughts
Don

Kwellsted

Don please check out YouTube and search for stick bait, shakey head, and Jig. Those will show you some basic soft plastic baits that work nearly rear round. For hard baits you can look up rattle trap or lipless crank bait, square bill and jerk bait.