New to kayak

Kwellsted

Hey I just got a kayak last weekend. Been looking at a bunch of stuff before adding anything to it. I'm definitely going to do an anchor trolley. I'm super excited to hop in and test this out but t I went fishing about 2 weekends ago and the water was 48 to 51.

What would you do to help keep the cold water out of a Walmart sit on kayak

bubbatrubba24

Scupper plugs will keep majority of the water out. Invest in a good, comfortable life jacket you'll actually wear. It only takes once to lose it all.

Matt35

Scupper plugs. I'm guessing it's a sundolphin. They have the plugs for these on eBay and they worked great on my first kayak

Kwellsted

Yes it's a sundolphin. I didn't have a big budget. I picked up some plugs from academy but I found something I didn't like. The cords in them wick water.
I took it to booker t and tried it out. I was quite surprised and it was nothing like I thought it would be. A 1 or 2 mph wind can really push u off track and crank baits and traps can be used as trolling motors. Most of u already know this tho.
Does anyone use any electronic fish finders on their kayaks

Blue76

I use foam golf balls for scupper plugs in mine... work like a champ and cost almost nothing. I have mounted all different kinds of fish finders on mine... I also have a bass boat so I just bought extra power cords and transducers off ebay so I can move them back and forth.