rifle range?

stuckinthetrees

Hey guys I am looking for a rifle range that is 200+ yards long. somewhere near chattanooga, athens, cleveland, etc. any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Bobby

FishingwithRusty

Mountaintop going towards McMinnville goes out the 500

uglystick

Prentice Cooper is only 100yrds and on top of that you have got to pay to shoot there now, I live right beside Cooper and always shot there until they decided to start charging. I haven't shot there this year so they may have made the range bigger so don't take my word on it. I buy a sportsman's licenses every year and think it's just wrong to charge people who pay to help keep a place like Cooper's range up and they want to charge a license holder to go shoot. Just my thoughts but you might wanna check with somebody that has been there within the last year they may have made it larger.

xpress1756

Chattanooga Rifle Club has rifle ranges at 50,100,200 and 300 yards.There is a firing position for 500 yards that is only used during matches. It is private and usually takes 6 months to a year to get in. I have been a member there for almost 6 years and have had a great experience.

FishingwithRusty

I checked out on membership to the Chattanooga Rifle Club when I moved here two months ago he told me it was A2 year wait list screw that I'll just drive the Mountaintop it's about an hour from Harrison ten bucks to shoot all day

Aries 181

FishingwithRusty - 12/2/2016 7:43 PM

I checked out on membership to the Chattanooga Rifle Club when I moved here two months ago he told me it was A2 year wait list screw that I'll just drive the Mountaintop it's about an hour from Harrison ten bucks to shoot all day
I've been a life member for almost 20 years ,just LMK when you want to go shoot Rusty, won't cost you a dime.

Bill

silvertalon

There's a Cleveland Gun Club (I've not been there), that shoots IDPA, IPSIC, and 3 gun, shotgun match's etc. They might have a long range. You can get their website from IDPA.com.

FishingwithRusty

Aries 181 - 12/3/2016 5:50 PM

I've been a life member for almost 20 years ,just LMK when you want to go shoot Rusty, won't cost you a dime.

Bill

cool! id like to rezero my bolt gun @250

Aries 181

FishingwithRusty - 12/3/2016 8:07 PM

Aries 181 - 12/3/2016 5:50 PM

Bill

cool! id like to rezero my bolt gun @250
1,2 or 300, no in between. You have my cell, if you have a spotting scope, we can go some sat or sun afternoon. As for a 2 year wait, this is true. Less people are dropping out every year when they realize $125.00 to shoot anytime you want is a good deal compared to indoor memberships.

It doesn't cost a penny to be on the waiting list. You mail in your app, forget about it and then one day you get a call/email and you're in.

Bill