New to artificial lures and looking for some help

MechPatt

I just recently started fishing with artificial lures at the beginning of Oct when I also picked up my first bait caster. I'm absolutely in love so far! Most of what I've fished so far have been Poppers, Spooks, Frogs, Jigs, Spinners, and swim baits. Thrown square bills and jerk baits as well, but not much. All my catches have been with top water so far though. Most of my fishing has been from the floating dock at Chickamauga Marina, the bank at the US Coast Guard, and at Ware Branch off of Thatch Rd around the boat launch. Anyone willing to help me out and teach me anything would be greatly appreciated. Still very foggy on what to throw when and where for most things.

MechPatt

Her are my the most recent catches from the US Coast Guard on Halloween around 4pm with my KVD Sexy Dawg Jr spook.

silvertalon

I learned from the bank. Mostly with spinnerbaits, inline spinners, plastics and a jig-n-chunk. The Soddy Creek and Sale Creek boat ramps and bridge piers might be a good area. Deep, clear. Maybe a good spot to learn with a suspending or floating jerkbait. It also would not hang up like a jig or a worm making it a good choice along with spinnerbaits and squarebill. I would look at the lake shoreline on google earth, for boat ramps. Don't forget to walk the beaches too looking for shad popping. Good Luck!