lower unit

high2425

I need a lower unit for 2007 Mercury Optimax. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Jeff Hightower

Mr. S

You will hear good and bad about this company, l but I put a SEI on my Johnson about a year ago. I have had no issues. Like any product they seem to have gotten better over time. I broke it in just as the mfg instructions say to and changed the gear oil frequently during the break in process. Oh, 3 year warranty to boot, if you don't fish tournaments. Set me back $875 brand new.
http://www.sterndrive.cc/

burnett1988

I also have bought form SEI for a Johnson 150, Just replaced my lower unit on my 08 150 Optimax but went with factory one and it was 2200$

silvertalon

I have an SEI on my opti 225. A friend let me try a Merc lower as I need to see if a Merc would run better and- I ACTUALLY LOST 2MPH! Put the SEI back on in a hurry. FYI; Its a 21 Triton and a 25" Tempest Plus with a 12" hydraulic setback. I'd still rather run the Merc gearcase but this one is a no brainer.

silvertalon

Oh also, after I bought the boat (came with the SEI), I changed out the gear oil with Amsoil synthetic marine gearlube. I'm not saying this will make you run faster- that would be silly. But I am saying it will provide better gear and bearing protection.