Sewanee Mtn lakes

I fished Day lake 20 + years ago and always did well. I did good in all of the lakes on the University property but haven't fished any of them in a long time. My grandparents lived up there and worked for the university so I would fish them as a kid. The last time I was up there the gates were all locked so I wasn't sure if they were open to the public anymore or not. Ill try to dig around on the University website and find out and post on here. Ive fished some of the gated communities up there with Lakes and they are awesome if you know someone that will let you fish.

screwball

I went to the military academy a lot of years ago and fished one of the lakes but can't remember the name of it. Caught a lot of big black crappie.

G

Biggest part of the water in that area is off limits unless you know someone with some clout, permission is hard won now days, been trying for several years and it aint working.

G

Let me see what I can do . My family is from up there and both my grandparents retired from the University . I think I can still fish the university lakes.

porthos33

Grundy Lake is awesome up there. We were up there for Father's day a few years ago. Everybody was just swimming and having fun, but I just had to go throw my rod. We were driving around to find where we were going to start fishing from the bank. While we were driving I noticed two huge bass bc it is really clear. Jumped out and started throwing a wacky senko at the male cruising the bed. There were two females that were 7-8lbs just hanging off the bed. It was a lot of fun bc I had never really bed fished. Caught a lot of nice fish up there from the bank.