Struggling:(

Mr.Finesse

It seems that I am very unlucky, or have forgotten how to fish for bass, and I am going to assume that later. I've been throwing everything I know, I used to be good at this. I knew what colors they liked and where to find em. But it seems I cant do that anymore and I don't know why. I am getting very discouraged as it is a lot of time and hard work and money to take the boat out multiple times and catch nothing. I know fishing and being out on the water is awesome, and there are much worse things I could be doing, and I count myself very lucky and am very thankful that I have a boat and can go out and fish on the water. However, lol, I do like to catch fish. I long for that feeling of a fish on the end of my line. I desire it so deeply. So, naturally this has led to frustration and discouragement.

lafae7

Sounds like you are burned out. The plan to recovery is simple. Don't go fishing for at least a month, which means no boating or fishing for any species. Stay away from the water. Try adding another hobby. I have a million hobbies so by the time I go fishing again I'm fired up and ready to catch some fish.

Jmax

Been there done that. emoBigsmile Sometimes it helps to change up lakes or places. Just go fishing. Try not to "Try Too HARD", that is sometimes my issue. Remember being younger when you were just happy to be on the water. Then just go fish. Slow down and put on some kind of plastic. Go out to the edge of a drop, ledge or the river where you find some grass next to deep water. Put the boat in about teen depth and cast up into single depths. Make sure you have some structure or grass. You should get bit, may be little, but should work. Then just enjoy putting fish in the boat despite the size. Good luck. emoToast Jmax

porthos33

Change it up and go buy some shiners and catch some gills and cut em up, then drop them down for some cats! Take a kid and it's even better. Nothing like watching a kid reel in a 20-50lb fish! For the Bass, you aren't the only one. A lot of guys are struggling.There hasn't been much current and that makes it tough when it's this hot.

BassERT

I was in the "same boat" as you
Sick of fishing and ready to throw everything in the water and take up a hobby
Then DrumKing took me out for a crappie lesson or two.

Yay! no more skunks and as a matter of fact I would catch MANY more fish than before
I taught my wife and others what he showed me and it was good
Tight lining jigs gives me the subtle bite and tiny "tic" practice to keep me up for the tensile touch of the Bass bite.
BTW while crappie fishing, as in shooting docks or deep water structure, you will catch other species as well.

You might want to try it and get back to enjoying being out in the boat and at least catching fish again
Also going often lets you learn more each time and keeps your "touch" for the bite
So, I wouldn't quit fishing anymore, I go more often and have more fun fishin'!
Good luck emoThumbsup

emoCool

Jmax

Jmax - 6/24/2016 7:14 AM

Been there done that. emoBigsmile Sometimes it helps to change up lakes or places. Just go fishing. Try not to "Try Too HARD", that is sometimes my issue. Remember being younger when you were just happy to be on the water. Then just go fish. Slow down and put on some kind of plastic. Go out to the edge of a drop, ledge or the river where you find some grass next to deep water. Put the boat in about teen depth and cast up into single depths. Make sure you have some structure or grass. You should get bit, may be little, but should work. Then just enjoy putting fish in the boat despite the size. Good luck. emoToast Jmax

I could have posted this as my report last night at the CFF at Riverpark. This is exactly what me and James did last night at the river. There was no grass but rock and structure was all up and down the bank. Gave away our pattern before we went. emoBigsmile Jmax