Fishing in the rain.........

Aries 181

I'm talking about going fishing knowing the rain is coming or already falling, as in tomorrow? I haven't been in a week and not waiting any longer. Anyone else enjoy fishing in the rain? Quality rain gear pays for itself on days like this.

Bill

VolsFan24

Ill fish in the rain, but rain and 10+ mph winds i dont like and first lightning bolt or thunder means im getting off the water. Im also debating going this afternoon ill make my decision around 3ish.

Love fishing the rain. Usually have to lake mostly to yourself but as soon as I see lighting I'm outta there. Don't like the idea of being the tallest thing around holding a 7' lighting rod

djsmarinelectronics

Fish don't know it is raining...........and the bite is usually better

Blue76

I don't mind the rain. I just hate drying out the boat for two weeks. Makes me want one of those inshore boats with no carpet..

Smalliefan2

The '16 Ranger has that option. I just can't afford a new one.

camaro88z

Depends on the temp outside. If it is cold I am out on fishing in the rain. But warm or hot it's not to bad. Hot I actually enjoy a shower

Jig-Junky

Blue76 - 5/23/2016 8:34 AM

I don't mind the rain. I just hate drying out the boat for two weeks. Makes me want one of those inshore boats with no carpet..
Amen to that, brother. People laugh at me when I say I don't wanna get my boat wet. It's a pain.
I keep my boat in an enclosed garage. So, I bought a cheap box fan at Big Lots.

- Turn the fan on wide open
- Jack the trailer tongue all the way up
- Open every locker lid

After about 3 days, it's pretty much dry.

Hook1

Like Johnny said, during a hot day the rain will usually help the bite. I guess it's actually the front that helps the bite. And it's a nice cool down period. I mostly fish at night in the summer though and the rain and darkness make it pretty miserable out there.