Expanding my fishing region

navydocIvan

I am new here first all. I live in Mt Juliet but I will be camping for a week right after memorial at the state park on Tims Ford and then staying at Marion county park.(Nickajack)A couple weeks later for a few days. My home lake is Old Hickory. I have a 18 foot Ranger bass boat. Really not interested in tournaments though I just like to bass fish with occasional crappie or brim for the kids.

Has anyone stayed at (Nickajack) Marion county park lately? Seems like a good place for a couple days of fishing. I will just be with my 2 boys 4 and 8 and tent camping, since it's just us.. I never been there before ... Only seen it from the road.. I like that you can pull the boat up on the shore . Or would I be better if at the "Shell? " campground down by the dam ?

I assume plastics will be good .. Top water and spinner baits all good on Nickajack.

canoe fisherman

Camping is good at either Marion Cty or Shellmound. Personally I would not pull but up to shore as there are to many rocks and the personal watercraft will have the waves beating the banks. To me the ramp at shellmound is better because there are more parking spots and you can bet there will be a tournament out of both on the weekends. Marion is pretty much in the center of the lower end and plenty of fishing spots without making long runs. Enjoy it and welcome to the forum.